WSM Identification Needed

JDillard

Hi guys! I’m wondering if you all could help me identify the size of this WSM. I am picking it up on Saturday after finding it on FB marketplace. The door looks different from the current WSM models that I see in store. The handle also looks wooden - possible after market handle??
Anyway, any help with the details of this cooker would be helpful.

Attachments

• 2BEEAEB3-5FB2-4F39-8137-C694D1166981.png
    2BEEAEB3-5FB2-4F39-8137-C694D1166981.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 21
Looks like an 18", and due to the wood handle pre-2009. The round knob on the door is the same as my original WSM from 2004. Looks all stock to me. Hope it's in good shape and you got a good deal on it!! Post back with more info on its condition, and let us know if you need any help when you start using it!

Here's Chris' page on TVWB that has all the components and schematics from the pre-2009 model:

Rich

Looks like an 18", and due to the wood handle pre-2009. The round knob on the door is the same as my original WSM from 2004. Looks all stock to me. Hope it's in good shape and you got a good deal on it!! Post back with more info on its condition, and let us know if you need any help when you start using it!

Here's Chris' page on TVWB that has all the components and schematics from the pre-2009 model:

Rich
So, I found it for $45 on the marketplace. I still do not know what the interior of the cooker looks like but I am hoping it is in semi-decent condition. At that price, if it requires some maintenance I am okay shelling out some money to get it in working order. I will post pics when I pick it up and hopefully I will have GREAT things to report!

Well, $45 later she is here!! She has some rust that I’m gonna have to deal with but I think she’s gonna work.

Attachments

• 40AE7CF4-CD8A-4E92-B2A8-5F9147AC8E83.jpeg
    40AE7CF4-CD8A-4E92-B2A8-5F9147AC8E83.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 13
Those don’t happen....ad nauseum!
I’ve got a buddy that I would have simply bought that for!
Hey, welcome aboard! My parents lived in Athens for several years! I really miss Harry Bissetts for Mario Gras! Too bad they are gone.
My wife and I would come and visit every year and a grand party would be enjoyed by all! Long story there.
We did it right up until the year my father passed.

Last edited:
Nice pickup for $45 even if you have to replace the grates. Weber used to put wooden handles on all of their grills, then switched to plastic likely to cut costs down.

You can buy new wooden handles from a few places (not from Weber though). Or you can just throw on a plastic Weber handle if you like that better.

River City Woodworks makes some very nice wooden handles. You can find them on Facebook.

Missed your update! That looks like a great find for $45! Looking forward to seeing you put her to work!

Rich

Back