WSM 22.5" Outdoor Cover Recommendation(s)

M.Fangus

I had my first cook on my WSM 22" yesterday and my goodness, I have been missing out on some fantastic smoke! After enjoying the meal and falling asleep not soon after, I woke up to realize that I forgot to bring the smoker back into the garage from the backyard and a rainstorm was moving its way into the area. Luckily, I got it back in right before it started downpouring.

I want to leave my smoker in the backyard like I do my Performer, but I do not want to leave it out uncovered as I've heard stories of rainwater getting into the cooker and rusting from the inside out. I am looking for a sturdy cover that can withstand the elements, covers the bottom vents, and can get cinched at the bottom or clip onto one of the support legs so it doesn't get blown off and into my neighbor's backyard. I am also looking to install the lid hinge kit, so the cover would have to be wide enough to cover that as well.

Anyone got any recommendations??

I use the included vinyl one on my 14.5. It has Velcro at the bottom to keep it on the smoker and seems pretty well made. Water beads up and runs off.

How far does the hinge stick out on the lid? I think if it's over an inch or two, the below linked Weber cover would be a terribly tight fit. Maybe send a note to the mfg to see how far the hinge sticks out.

22” Cover

Back