Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

TVWBB Pro
We're going to be having our big (90-100 people), annual Spring Break party in about 5 weeks, and I've been thinking about some BBQ menu items now that I have a WSM. Specifically, I was wondering about cooking 2 briskets and 10-12 racks of spare ribs at the same time. I could set the rib racks on top of the briskets, and stagger the time accordingly. Would the rib drippings mess up the briskets? Would there be enough smoke circulation? Has anyone tried this before? FWIW, I have looked at the section on increasing cooking capacity.

TIA!

That amount of meat would take a long time, there will be no air moveing the pit.
You could smoke the ribs ahead of time (the day before, a couple of days before). Take the internal temp to at least 160? or a little higher and pull them off at that point. Cool quickly and keep refrigerated. Grill to bring them up to temp before you want to serve, they will tenderize during this step, glaze at the very end.
Do the brisket to finish a couple of hours before the party starts, wrap and place in a dry cooler. You can hold up to 4 hours that way.
Hope this helps, I know it's not what you wanted to hear. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back