Wondering what my genesis gold is worth

• Thread starter Deleted member 45450
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 45450

So I finished getting it back into shape. Everything works. Burners and bars are in great condition. Any idea what I should ask price wise. Im in so cal where everything is overpriced!
thx

Attachments

• 89F1E3AA-29AF-4061-BAE8-E6EF4A9BF575.jpeg
    89F1E3AA-29AF-4061-BAE8-E6EF4A9BF575.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
Worth about $50.
That is all I would pay from what I see. YOu will need to post several more pictures, to include the inside if you want a more accurate opinion from us and a max price when selling it.

It looks good on the outside, but how do we know the car even has an engine unless you open the hood.

I paid $100 for mine in MA last year. Needed cleaning, and as it was for my own use I put on new flavorizers and grate. The old ones were worn but serviceable, some rust on the porcelain grates.

Worth about $50.
That is all I would pay from what I see. YOu will need to post several more pictures, to include the inside if you want a more accurate opinion from us and a max price when selling it.

It looks good on the outside, but how do we know the car even has an engine unless you open the hood.
As I stated the burners and bars are in good condition. Im not sure what else you would need to see. Im sure its worth more than 50 buck though.

Oh, I see it! My apologies. Noticed you got your toes in one of the pics...it's funny how we all seem to do that!

Having seen the before picture, I appreciate the effort you put into it (nice work on the side tables), but I think overall it falls short for your asking price. Bruce is right, you need more pics of what's inside. You state that internals are in good condition, but we can't see that from the one pic in the ad with the lid up. What I can see in that pic is old style grates that haven't been cleaned very well and a firebox that has not been cleaned at all. What I cannot see in that pic is the condition of the flavorizers, burner tubes, or the inside of the lid. The outside gets an A. The inside gets an incomplete.

Having seen the before picture, I appreciate the effort you put into it (nice work on the side tables), but I think overall it falls short for your asking price. Bruce is right, you need more pics of what's inside. You state that internals are in good condition, but we can't see that from the one pic in the ad with the lid up. What I can see in that pic is old style grates that haven't been cleaned very well and a firebox that has not been cleaned at all. What I cannot see in that pic is the condition of the flavorizers, burner tubes, or the inside of the lid. The outside gets an A. The inside gets an incomplete.
I think this is an insightful, fair appraisal. In it's current condition, knowing the value of these things in our area, what price range would you put it in? That is what he wants to know, as do I.

"Deleted Member" Guess it either doesn't matter, our he didn't like the direction.
Price is what the market will bear in any particular location. Look to see what others are actually selling for.

Unfortunately, OP is competing against a killer liquidator in Lawndale. The guy has been blowing out brand new Weber gassers for several months.

Ask yourself, if you were looking for gas grill and you knew nothing other than Weber is a great name, would you buy OP's 15 year old Genny Gold for $275 or a brand new Spirit 3 burner with a 10 year warranty for $306?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/926992783/

or would you maybe stretch the budget for a brand new Genesis E-335 with sear and side burner for $523?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/927108647/

or an E-315 (3-burner closed cab no sear or side) for $455?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/927104192/

Anything used priced anywhere near $300 will lose out to this liquidator. I don't know what it's worth but it ain't $275.

Edit: my guess would be $100-125 based on overly-inflated asking prices that have been for sale for several weeks. Hard to tell because the actual sales prices are never published.

Last edited:
I see your point, although to me that guy just clutters up the list and that makes it hard to find the real gold. And when I look at CL in the Midwest region, I see a lot more vintage grills up for grabs, which seems to say that the eastern folks really love their 'que more so than on the west coast.

Does it seem to you that the Weber coal burners, especially the Performers, sell quicker than the gassers in our location? Also, the vintage NG grills seem to be slower movers than the LPG models.

I was asked to close the account. No reason given. None required. Honoring the request and scrubbing the name.

Last edited:
I was asked to close the account. No reason given. None required. Honoring the request and scrubbing the name.
I saw you deleted his name and the Deleted Member moniker from my post. The substituted pronouns had no reference. I re-wrote using OP. Is that acceptable?

I see your point, although to me that guy just clutters up the list and that makes it hard to find the real gold. And when I look at CL in the Midwest region, I see a lot more vintage grills up for grabs, which seems to say that the eastern folks really love their 'que more so than on the west coast.

Does it seem to you that the Weber coal burners, especially the Performers, sell quicker than the gassers in our location? Also, the vintage NG grills seem to be slower movers than the LPG models.
I generally filter out everything under $5 or over $300 or $325; that helps a great deal when looking at offerup or cl.

I noticed that about NG a while back. I thought about all of my friends and none of them that have cart grills have an outdoor NG hookup. Only the guys with drop-ins (outdoor kitchens) have NG. Also, Tank swaps have made things easier for a lot of people. Though I still do fill ups since the local UHaul has no minimum and you pay only for the actual amount of gas that fills your tank.

I was seriously looking for a colored performer with gas assist earlier this summer and those things disappear within 30 minutes of listing. Any colored kettle sells quickly unless it's way overpriced like the blue and yellow kettles currently listed for $250 in LB. Right now I'm looking for a colored kettle. I had a deal with a guy for a red kettle with a J hook ash pan. I have a dozen messages confirming the sale, pick up, etc. Then it shows up as sold. Seller said he sold it to a close friend. I think someone came in late and offered him more than his ask.

Back