Wisconsin > Milwaukee: Silver Spur

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Now, I don't claim to be a bbq restaurant expert - (have not been to Memphis, KC, or TX YET - at least, not to sample 'que) but I know what I like when I taste it.

If you find yourself hungry, and in the vicinity of the West side of Milwaukee - check out the Silver Spur Barbeque in Elm Grove.

http://www.silverspurbbq.com/

I accidentally stumbled across their old place while driving around for lunch when I worked in the Waukesha area. That place burned-down, and they purchased what used to be the Elm Grove Inn.

The theme is sort of Tex-Mex, but they do real que there - last year, the owner did not have his commercial in-kitchen smoker installed yet, and he had a big commercial horizontal offset fired-up in the parking lot.

They put together a sampler platter that lets you try as many of their meats as you have room for. Also, potato salad and cowboy beans are out-of-this world.

Wash it all down with some of Cream City's finest and go home satisfied!

Jeepers Ron, I gotta get out more... I have never heard of this place. Thanks for postin' this, gonna be the next place I eet out at.

Thanks for posting this ron. I remember the old Silver Spur before it burned down and was not aware that they had reopened elsewhere. I am going to have to wonder on down that way and try them out.

Back