Wireless stopped working..

JHalasz

TVWBB Fan
Been using my HM for a while now, no issues, today I go to fire it up and the wireless is dead, no blinky blue lights, nadda, so I hooked it up to the lan, looks fine, nothing for wireless, its gone.. I hook the lil device up to a computer, laptop, anything with a usb, all work fine, I get blinky blue light, i get network. What happened to my HM to kill the wireless, and how can i get it back?

I just updated to the latest firmware just for fun, same issue, no wireless. :/

There might be some information in the kernel log or system log that would provide more information. Without details all we can say is (shrug) it shouldn't do that.

You can also try just SSHing in and doing a wifi-client command to reset the settings.

I had this happen to me. The wireless driver on the SD card became corrupted and couldn't load. I had to re-format the SD card and re-install the HM openwrt code on it.

so if i redo the sdcard, i get the little blue blinky light on the edimax usb wifi... for a few seconds, then, it dies. I can connect with cat5 and ssh into it. I go to the /sbin dir and run wifi and it tells me that radio1 is disabled

root@OpenWrt:/sbin# wifi
PHY for wifi device radio0 not found
'radio1' is disabled

ideas?

While connected with the LAN cable load the HM config page and under Network/WiFi go and enable radio0?? Or just delete the wireless connection and associated interface(s) and then scan for wireless networks and connect again fresh....

That's really odd, 'cause even after I remove my WiFi adapter and reboot the HM, then connect via LAN cable I still see the WiFi tab in the Network section and the Radio0 entry is still there even though the device is not connected....
Maybe do a fresh image of the SD card and use the NORESTORE function to boot fresh without restoring your old config which has obviously gotten hosed up somehow...

ok, thats what i want to do, how do i do it ;)

I have reloaded this sdcard time and time again, but my setting on the board appear to be the same, how can i kill everything the rpi has stored on it?

Actually, Bryan saved you, he wrote the WiKi and built the NoRestore option into the HM code, I just pointed you to the info. Hope you get your issue worked out...
Bryan, this does bring up an issue... I think you should link the reference to the WiKi in your HM Hardware sticky post to the top page of the WiKi so it is easier to find the starting point for the mountain of information about the Heater Meter.

Well, you Ralph pointed me in the right direction, again, and yes, Bryan did all the awesome work, I just didnt know what it was i would need to search for to find in the wiki, everything is working like a dream.

Think im gonna get on the 4.2 bandwagon and build one of them up, this one works great, but shoot, why not use the latest and greatest?!? :)

IDK which version you are running, but the HMv4.2 made a nice leap forward in the HM world. Bryan redesigned the board layout to minimize noise by separating the power/drive circuits from the temp sensing circuits, added RC filters on the probes which is a HUGE improvement, added a feedback loop on the blower circuit so the new (less noisy) Voltage mode can be used on the blower, and finally got thermocouple support completely integrated into the board (via SMD TC amp circuit, which you can build yourself or buy the board from Bryan with the SMD stuff pre-installed on it). My HMv4.0 was nice, the HMv4.1 was noticeably more noisy, the HMv4.2 knocked it out of the park IMHO... GREAT BOARD! Keep in mind Bryan has full kits available now in addition to pre-SMD'd boards....

Currently running version 4, i had no need to update, this thing works wonderfully, i dont do high heat cooks so I never needed TC's, but... getting a little jealous of all the new gear you guys have. I got 10 4.2 pcb's from Peter over in the Netherlands, I have yet to order parts or populate any of them, I thought I might get a few extra to sell to some of my German neighbors. Little did I know, Germans don't bbq... how unamerican is that? :)

Back