Willysito's Burrito's

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Been busy cooking and baking and realized I have not posted anything for awhile. Well here is tonights cook. Inside Skirt, penetrated hundreds of times and coated with Chef Merito and on the counter for half an hour for it to absorb. Found this made a huge difference in flavor instead of just putting it right away into the marinade.

DSC_0583_zpshhbhypnl.jpg

DSC_0582_zpsw2nj2p7k.jpg

Everything ready for the bag and put in the fridge all day. Jalapeno,onion, cilantro and oranges, garlic

DSC_0584_zpsy4imqvn4.jpg

Guacamole prep, being used for the inside of the Burrito and as a side

DSC_0588_zpstj3o8azy.jpg

DSC_0591_zpso4pun9b5.jpg

Carne on the Weber just about done

DSC_0592_zpslu14ihbp.jpg

Flour Burrito's toasted

DSC_0593_zpsqevplcna.jpg

Carne was to tender and tasty it might be a criminal offense

DSC_0596_zpsxjty8u6o.jpg

Inside, Burrito's assembled, carne guac and shredded sharp cheddar and outside pepper jack squares

DSC_0598_zpsij2t4vns.jpg

On the Weber until all cheese melted and the first dead soldier

DSC_0600_zpshaz3vpo9.jpg

Came out really good, next time I'm going to add a spiced Tomatillo sauce on top

Last edited:
Good to see you around Bill. Spectacular cook as always. That Guacamole looks fantastic. Like the pepperjack squares on the burritos too. That Tartine is going to be delicious, I just know it.

Post of the day, welcome back Bill, I will be stealing this recipe for sure. Two thumbs up.

Bill perfection is a strong word but my goodness you have to be pretty darn close! What a great meal.

Nice to see you back Bill. Those burritos look great really like the PJ on the outside. Because I have the same meat tenderizer you have, like some others I'm stealing this one.:cool:

Also that bread looks super good...as always.

Oh, boy, that's some great looking carne!! I'm bach'ing it this weekend, so may need to put this on the menu.... :)

R

That looks great Bill. I like the idea of putting the cheese on the outside, you are definitely "thinking outside the burrito."

Bill!

DSC_0600_zpshaz3vpo9.jpg

The BEST looking Breakfast I've seen in quite a while!

By the way, VeryNice use of your Weber grill to toast and finish this cook!

Bill, like everyone else nice to see you back. That cook is awesome love the Guacamole inside and the PJ on the outside. Like Rich said will be trying this one real soon.

Bill,

Those look absolutely awesome. Great technique tip on the rub too. Thanks!

Regards,

John

Back