Will Weber sell me a metal Performer table top?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I'd like to replace my 2006 Performer's thermoset table with the newer metal one.
Seems I've heard they won't sell them to owners of older Performers and wondering if this is true.
I'm fine with the thermoset, but I didn't like the gray color so a few years back I painted it black.
Had to keep touching it up, got tired doing that, now it looks like crap. I could try to remove all of the paint, but don't see that happening.
Thanks for any input!

It looked pretty good 4 years ago:

1618754296189.png

A little cheaper at Weber's web-site. I paid $85 about 4-5 years ago, mine is still in the box as I haven't begun to give my Gen 2 Performer a make over yet.

Sorry, I should have checked the Weber site first. Looks like they'll sell it to anyone with $122.11 in their pocket. No thanks Weber, they were only $63 in 2015, says this thread:

i attempted to buy one from weber and they shot me down, not once... not twice (yes, i called them back hoping to get a CSR that'd sell me one) but 3 times....
all three CSR's said no. and i was pissed!
so i painted it black and it turned out crappy.
i think i posted a photo of it when i did paint it... but i can't find it

Bob or Jim, have you tried that rustoleoum made for plastic resin outdoor furniture.?
I have no idea if that would last on a table top..

i attempted to buy one from weber and they shot me down, not once... not twice (yes, i called them back hoping to get a CSR that'd sell me one) but 3 times....
all three CSR's said no. and i was pissed!
so i painted it black and it turned out crappy.
i think i posted a photo of it when i did paint it... but i can't find it
That's a damn shame.
They sold me one for $69.00 a few years ago for my Gen 2. At first they wanted something in the neighborhood of $100.00. I moaned about it and said something like, "C'mon! Look at all the grills I have registered on the site!" I'm such a cheap bastard that I probably started to cry 😂.
He was cool about it and sold me one for $69.00. He said something like, "you're a loyal customer..blah..blah..and offered the lower price.
It is a very nice table and, IMHO, worth every penny. It looks as new today as the day I bought it.

Well you can give this a shot and by the way no idea why they would not sell to you had them replace a gen 3 cracked plastic table I had a receipt they comped me the metal table.

If you want to try the paint again wipe it down with Acetone should not hurt the plastic will remove some of the paint. Use 2x rusto paint it has a primer would not hurt to sand with 220 before spraying. Spray satin or whatever 3 coats then use the same 2x clear satin or whatever. They key to this paint is to do it in one day 10 minutes apart if you and trust me let it dry a day it will be a disaster will put a peel on your newly painted table.

So black satin one coat wait 10 minutes another coat wait 10 minutes then a 3rd light coats in all. Then with the clear 10 minutes apart 3 coats needs about 7 days to cure so don't cheat.

Good luck it ain't gonna be very durable with paint but the clear is really the key.

Or another choice is there a company in your area that does garage coating with epoxy not the paint crap I did a performer for a friend of mine he owns a garage coating business he took the table and did this very durable looks nice no idea what he would have charged since it was his performer wish I had kept my plastic table if I had known he could do this still love the metal but it could have been used for a restore down the road.

Picture in this thread zoom in to see what it looks like.

That's a damn shame.
They sold me one for $69.00 a few years ago for my Gen 2. At first they wanted something in the neighborhood of $100.00. I moaned about it and said something like, "C'mon! Look at all the grills I have registered on the site!" I'm such a cheap bastard that I probably started to cry 😂.
He was cool about it and sold me one for $69.00. He said something like, "you're a loyal customer..blah..blah..and offered the lower price.
It is a very nice table and, IMHO, worth every penny. It looks as new today as the day I bought it.
Sad

I called Weber about replacing my old top,well I was told that the top had a 15 year warranty and the car saw mine was registered and they sent me a replacement top free, and free shipping,so I bought a couple other items I needed and they discounted those,and added to my free shipping order as it was over 50.00.

Its kind of nuts with Weber sometimes I got a free like I said metal table years ago and I know for a fact that for awhile since almost all those plastic tables would crack user error as people would go to move the performer pick it up on that end they were charging $40 for the metal table this was awhile ago many years as a replacement they called it if I remember a convenience not a warranty issue. Same with mine not warranty a convenience.

I have 4 grills registered with them needed some parts for my friends performer charcoal baskets, a grate a couple of the braces for the frame the ones for the bottom and some casters. Without asking they discounted a few of the items which was going to get me over $50 before the discount came to like $48 they gave me the free shipping anyway.

Bob and Jim I would give it one more shot no reason they should not sell you that metal table at what price who knows. Obviously the grill needs to be registered and if the CSR won't do it fall back on the old let me speak to the manager its worth a shot.

I called Weber about replacing my old top,well I was told that the top had a 15 year warranty and the car saw mine was registered and they sent me a replacement top free, and free shipping,so I bought a couple other items I needed and they discounted those,and added to my free shipping order as it was over 50.00.
You smooth talkin' son of a gun! :LOL:

I recently heard some people are using this product to turn gray tables to black. Is it worth trying this product given the price of a metal table may be steep?

Attachments

• B287642A-A951-4BFC-A58D-D90D2D0E5379.jpeg
    B287642A-A951-4BFC-A58D-D90D2D0E5379.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
You smooth talkin' son of a gun! :LOL:
Well the funny part is I did not ask for a discount on any of the part the CS did all the talking I only asked for a price and avaibility of the parts. I have a part number and price list from another source to use as a price point. But the CS beat that without asking.

Last edited:

Back