Wife vs Craycort

ShaneRobinson

I have managed to sneak a Craycort cast iron grill grate for my Weber Performer past my wife, just waiting for it to stop raining to use it for the first time. BBQ 1 wife nil lol

Shane, if your wife is anything like mine, she already knows and is just letting you think you put one over on her. Mine reminded me of her knowledge of my activities recently when she called me on occasionally buying candy bars when I picked up parts at home depot. We like to think we are putting one over on our wives, but I truly doubt it. I think they love us so much that they let us think we are. Just sayin'.

Enjoy that cast iron and make your wife something special with that grill.
ps do all the cleanup also. LOL

Shane, if your wife is anything like mine, she already knows and is just letting you think you put one over on her. Mine reminded me of her knowledge of my activities recently when she called me on occasionally buying candy bars when I picked up parts at home depot. We like to think we are putting one over on our wives, but I truly doubt it. I think they love us so much that they let us think we are. Just sayin'.

Enjoy that cast iron and make your wife something special with that grill.
ps do all the cleanup also. LOL

Bob, your insight is quite astute! If she knows that we know she knows that we know…well, that'll still just make no difference at all!

Shane I admire your optimism. Unfortunately I have to roll with the general consensus here and say, you’re probably not fooling anyone. I can tell you for sure, it doesn’t work with fly rods. :(

Shane, unless you are a newlywed, they have a built in radar. Just go with it. I have 36 years of experience that proves it. Good luck!!!

Shane I admire your optimism. Unfortunately I have to roll with the general consensus here and say, you’re probably not fooling anyone. I can tell you for sure, it doesn’t work with fly rods. :(
Rolf, you got that right. Fishing equipment is a hard hide.
Shane, unless you are a newlywed, they have a built in radar. Just go with it. I have 36 years of experience that proves it. Good luck!!!
LOL this is classic. Sounds all to familiar, I'm only at the five year mark. ;)

I had no idea what the Craycort was, so I goggled it, I like it and when I buy one I'm going to blame it on Shane.

My wife and I both love to cook from classic dishes to grilling and now we’re taking a shot at BBQ. We had an OTS which my wife became very good at making all kinds of great food on it, but hated the starter chimney and the lack of a work surface. One day we were yard sale hopping and found a like new Performer Platinum for $50 which my wife had never seen. When I explained the gas starter for the coals and the obvious worktable she look at me and said “It’s mine” fine I said but I want to make a mini WSM her response “it’s a deal I want to try that too” Sold the OTS and bought the parts for the mini.
Moral of the story after 30 years I’ve learned if you get your wife involved in what you love to do the rest is easy.

Back