Wicked Good Charcoal

Has anybody had any exp. with this brand and is Briq. any better than lump? I was thinking of using it in my Stumps as well, thats why i'm leaning toward briq's.

I've used the lump for a few cooks. My experience is that it gives off a lot of heat, smells terrific, very little ash, burn times a little shorter than I expected, and like most lump I've used, there are some oversized chunks in the bag that need to be broken up in order to properly pack the charcoal ring or spread the coals out in my Weber kettle.

I like it a lot and would continue to use it except for the fact that the place I bought it is now out of business!

Pat

Bill,
I've used the lump and really like it. It's the only lump I've ever used so I can't compare burn times to another. I'm thinking that as long as you pack the ring tight it's going to be at least as good as other lump. I also love the fact that I can close the vents, choke it, and have lots of usable material for the next cook.
Only complaint is not being able to get it. Do you have a local source? I've been thinking of ordering a pallet but would need to split it with someone. Thirty bags becomes a storage issue...

Wicked good lump and briquettes are both high quality products. Which you would like better probably depends on how you are using it and what you are used to.

Marc I was told that pallets are avail. Local Guy can get pallet of it dropped in Branford near water, I wanted the Briq. would be better for the Stumps and WSM. Interested in splitting pallet? 120bags 11 lbs each for $8.00/bg need to let him know soon. 203-988-1938

Bill, Thanks for the info. Myself, I'd want to go with the lump. 120 bags? Man, that's a lot of fuel! They do offer 60 bag pallets as well. The distribution site in Holyoke, MA isn't too far from me. If picked up the cost is $ 5.83 a bag.

Back