Which handle light for the Q?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
Last edited by a moderator:
Stefan,

My vote would be for the thinner one behind door #2!

I have found that earlier model to be pretty finicky. I have at least two of them that won't work (basically the same just different attachment for Genesis/Summit grills). The newer one looks sleeker and hopefully is more reliable.

Jon, funny that you mention this. I also had the #1 on my Genesis. I think they made this light for all their grills and just used a different bracket. Round handle, square handle, oval handle, Q-handle....
I had mine for over 10 years and never had a problem with it. I did some more reading and #2 seems have problems in getting mounted to the grill and it limits the handle space. The handle is small anyhow and I have large hands.
So I decided to go with #1. I found this one and ordered it. Let's see when in comes.

I've tried a couple of grill lights. They do a great job of lighting the smoke coming off the grill. I usually just wrap the snake light around my neck, or use the light up hat.

I only have experience with the #6503 light and I thought they were a good lighting solution.

Hadn’t really thought about the crowded handle.

I am not much at fixing electronics. I fiddled with the #1 style ones I got as leftovers from two Summits and one from a Genesis 300 series. The black Genesis one worked but the Summit ones wouldn’t. I finally cobbled together a combination with the gray outside showing to put on my Genesis Platinum. The rest are still parts in a zip lock. I wish I knew how to diagnose and fix them but can’t seem to find the issues.

Jon, funny that you mention this. I also had the #1 on my Genesis. I think they made this light for all their grills and just used a different bracket. Round handle, square handle, oval handle, Q-handle....
I had mine for over 10 years and never had a problem with it. I did some more reading and #2 seems have problems in getting mounted to the grill and it limits the handle space. The handle is small anyhow and I have large hands.
So I decided to go with #1. I found this one and ordered it. Let's see when in comes.
DId that light show up? That’s a dam,n good price is the site legit?

Showed up today. Pretty fast delivery. Fits perfectly on the Q1200.

Attachments

• BA6DF083-95BD-4D5C-B668-BAC9A673721E.jpeg
    BA6DF083-95BD-4D5C-B668-BAC9A673721E.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 33
Yep. I have used it quite a bit since it had been hooked up to a large tank. Great for small cooks and way more fuel efficient than the larger Genesis on small batches. I was just missing the light.

I had both of those Weber Handle Lights. When I bought them, I was very enthusiastic as I wanted to get them for so long. The thing is that I really like to have a barbecue at night when everyone is sleeping. But my barbecue is staying in the corner of the yard. And I do not have any lights in there yet. I do not even want to install any lighting, as I will get one of the best flag pole lights and install a flag on it. So, that light is soo intense, and it is going to illuminate the entire yard.

Back