Where to purchase glass BBQ Sauce bottles?

Bryan B

TVWBB Fan
Does anyone know of a source to purchase glass bottles for BBQ Sauce? I found some plastic restaurant style bottles on Amazon, but I'm really looking for glass bottles.

I've started making my own sauce, and would like to bottling it in higher quantities.

Currently, I only own about 5 bottles so I can't keep too much of it on hand at a time. I basically just re-use glass bottles from sauces I have purchased in the past.

I am basically looking for a generic 16oz longneck glass bottle, similar to what many commercial BBQ sauces are sold in.

Would anyone know where to find this? Spent about 10 minutes on Amazon but didn't see anything that matched what I was looking for.

Bryan,

Ball jars/containers are going to be you best bet. I use a lot of them.

They are easy to clean (just toss the lid, wash the jar & ring, boil before using, they are cheap and they are easy to find. You can get a 12 pack, with rings & lids for $10 and then you are just buying new packs of lids for a $1 or 2. I prefer the wide mouth, makes it faster to do a bunch with a large funnel.

I'll echo Ball and food safety. Believe the acid content needs to certain level else bacteria could be an issue. I miss Kevin Kruger!!!

Ball jars would definately be the easiest by far for sanitizing, filling and sealing. The proper Ph level is about 4.6 most prefer to be lower like about 4.0 anything above 4.6 is the highest you should go because anything above is when the nasties can start to party. Then there is the issue of storage and preserving which deals with hot bathing or pressure sealing for longer shelf life. I'm no expert by any means this is just a few things I picked up dealing with making my own hot sauce, I can get away with a few very limited short cuts in the preserving area by keeping the Ph level low with vinegar or lime juice and keeping it refridgerated and using it with in a few months

My sauce is a variant of #5 Sauce. It includes a good bit of apple cider vinegar. My impression was that these type of sauces keep indefinitely because there is so much acidity between the vinegar and ketchup.

Is that not the case?

Right now, I only make a couple bottles at a time, refrigerate, and usually consume within a couple months. Haven't had any issues (at least that I am aware of :) )

Back