What's a Fair Price For This Lot of Parts?

Marty in Toronto

TVWBB Member
I picked up a Propane Genesis 330 with a cabinet in the worst condition I have ever seen - the floor was completely rotted out, the corner square tubes were rusted out, there was a hole in the corner of the aluminum cook-box bottom, the porcelain steel plates that sit under the burners were just a mound of rust flakes, the lid liner had rust holes, there was literally 4" of grease in the bottom of the cookbox, etc.
Someone had already scooped the stainless steel grates from this roadside "beauty"when I went to pick it up.
Pissed me off that the original owner was such a pig and abused the BBQ - it looked like it had never been cleaned in it's 11 years of life.
I figured I'd disassemble it and scoop anything that was useful to sell.
I posted a job lot of parts on Kijiji and FBM - is my price of $100 for the job lot as shown - reasonable?
Years ago I did a chop job on an S320 (also in deplorable condition) and managed to sell the shelf with side burner assembly for $50 CAD).

Is my price reasonable?

Attachments

• PXL_20230625_202513730 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230625_202513730 (1).jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 42
IDK if it's a question of if they're worth it. How many folks really end up needing a whole control panel, or doors? I could see someone wanting/needing the burners and bars. So likely you may get someone asking to buy the lot for far less simply so they can get what they need

The front panel and valves would be very useful by themselves to someone wanting to convert their grill. Sell them on eBay. Same with the side burner. Give away the rest and you will do OK IMHO

Yep, I offered a manifold, control panel (w/knobs) ,burners and a scale for $60 plus shipping and was countered with “I’ll take it all for $50 inc shipping!” That’s less than the shipping would have been alone. So, selling the lot may be tough but shipping it will be crazy, Expensive.

It may take some time to find the right buyer but it will sell. I would say for that manifold about $75+ 20 for shipping and $50 + 25 shipping for side burner and do the combined for $100 + 30. For someone who likes there grill and needs to convert it will happen. Ebay + FBM + CL. Fixed price no offers is the way I would list it.

Just a shipping charge note,
I sent a handle a couple of weeks ago and the “additional length” surcharge made the shipping $13.95. This was the newest USPS round of cost increases. So, bear that in mind when pricing.

Back