What do I have?

J. Lay

image.jpg
I got this Weber from my sister in law. It was sitting down by their beach at their lake house. I am a complete noob when it comes to a Weber gas grill. Always used charcoal. Figured I could fix this one maybe. The flavor bars inside are mostly shot. I think it had 5 lower ones and 8 uppers. Just trying to find out what it is so I can find parts. It’s actually pretty decent inside. Just extremely neglected. Any help would be appreciated!

It looks like you may have a Weber 900 but they had 5 bars and from your description you have 13 total so maybe a modded 900 with a 1000 firebox? The handle originally was wood but it looks like it was replaced with a Silver handle. You're also missing the swing table and are those the wire racks that go on the bottom in the background? At any rate it looks like a nice grill to rehab.

Last edited:
Looks like you have the bottom frame racks on top of the grates behind the grill. More pics of what parts you have would be helpful.

Looks to me like a Genesis 1, with a Silver B lid. - No small wheels on the left,
skinny old style white walls on the right and I believe that I can see the space
next to the control panel for the wire condiment tray. Can't make out if the
condiment tray is actually there though. Please post a few more pics.

J, you have found the “Encyclopedia Weberia” right here, the rehabbers, restorers, and even tinkerers (like me) have shared so much information about what to do and more importantly what NOT to do with every step of the rehabbing of my Genesis, I will never be able to repay the kindness shown me on that! I owe some guys serious feasts!
All the kudos now have been offered so, now what are you doing with it?
If it’s going to be your personal grill I’d get new flavorizer bars (forever bars- rcplanebuyer, same for lifetime grates) there are several sources through amazon as well for less money but, if it’s for yourself and you plan on using it forever, his are, without second, THE best available! I don’t use the gasser very often so, I got an inferior set of both for mine but, I have his 304 SS charcoal baskets and they get used four to six days a week in summer, 3-4 in winter and if the ever cool off enough to clean I’m sure they would look like the day they were made!
Ask questions as often as you like, you will get solid knowledgeable answers.
Get it refitted, clean it up a little and make dinner!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 20
Looks to me like a Genesis 1, with a Silver B lid. - No small wheels on the left,
skinny old style white walls on the right and I believe that I can see the space
I posted a few more. Thanks for the help!

J, in the first pic you posted, above the red trike there is a wire rack on the grill grates. I think those are the racks that go left to right in front and behind that centre brace under the cook box.

I agree. Looks like a Weber Genesis 1 with a lid from a newer Silver B/C. And the control panel may be newer too since it does not not have the early style panel mounted rocker switch for the igniter.

The grill looks good for its age.

Are there L-brackets holding the frame together? It is a known weak point on that frame construction style. If done properly it should prolong the life of the frame.

Probably something to check before sinking $$$ into the rehab

The grill looks good for its age.

Are there L-brackets holding the frame together? It is a known weak point on that frame construction style. If done properly it should prolong the life of the frame.

Probably something to check before sinking $$$ into the rehab
There are L brackets. It is a bit wobbly but not too bad. I figure if I ratchet strap it it should shore up well.

Yep, that's what I see. Too bad condiment tray seems to be gone.

There was only one storage rack on the bottom of this base model (1), I believe. The nicer (2, etc.) early models had horizontal wide slats on both sides of the horizontal tube frame piece in the middle. Later they went with the narrow slats front to back and used two horizontal frame tubes, like is much more commonly seen such as on the x000 series Genesis grills.

IMG_0561.jpg

Back