What Blizzard??

Al

Your nickname has got to be "BIG AL". Congrats to you for smoking in such condition. It's in the 30s down here in N. Fla and we're huddled in front of the fireplace with absolutely no thought of cooking outside.
icon_smile.gif

Paul

dude... kudos to you. I've got a big picnic roast that's been marinating for about 30 hours, ready for some smoke-roasted Puerto Rican pernil. However... I've got about 18+ inches on my back porch. I'm not sure I can dig out fast enough to clear a spot for the smoker, and to get my charcoal lit up...

But I just don't want to throw this thing in the oven... stay tuned. I've got an hour to decide...

It's really not bad. I just go out every hour and sweep off the deck and dust off the plastic bags holding the therm and GURU units. And a path into the woods for the dog to do her thing !! Priorities, Priorities!!!!

I've also got a 6 lb chuck roast cooking.
It's for a friend that wants to try a BBQ sandwich, but doesn't eat pork.

The WSM is unbelievably rock steady even in these gale force winds !!!

GREAT DAY FOR SMOKI'N

Al

You're an inspiration to us all.

We may need an "extreme smoking" section for posting reports and pictures!

Al... you inspired me. I decided to shovel my back porch. 2 full feet by the time I got around to doing it.

Shoveled a walkway from where my WSM is, dusted off the 2-feet of snow on it, dug out my other grill (which holds my charcoal) dragged the oil drip pan onto the porch and lit up a chimney full of charcoal.

Took the picnic that's been in the fridge for 2 days marinating in a good adobo to make pernil.

By the time the pork went into the smoker, there was another 2 inches of snow on the ground again. Kept at 300-350 the whole time (what I wanted for pernil).

Gotta love that smoker, man. Even in a blizzard, chugs along at a steady temp.

Take that mother nature.

Back