What are you smoking this weekend? August 2020

Tomorrow, I'll start the weekend with a reverse seared choice ribeye on my Brazos offset.

Then Saturday, I've found a single wrapped rack of baby backs at Sams this morning. I will smoke that on my new Master Touch Kettle, doing Steven Raichlen's First Timer Ribs.

Sunday is open, but I'm sure something will be grilled.

I will be doing two slabs of Baby back ribs and a couple of Brats to snack on as they cook. This will be my first go at these and cannot wait! Going to try the BRITU recipe that’s on the main website unless anyone has other go recipe to try!!!?

I got some chuckies, so either Mississippi pot roast or Pepper stout beef or poor boy italian beef.
Last time I did some I made Stratacotto.

Tim
My grandmother use to make Italian beef in the oven and I love it, but I have never made it, how do you do it?

I will be doing two slabs of Baby back ribs and a couple of Brats to snack on as they cook. This will be my first go at these and cannot wait! Going to try the BRITU recipe that’s on the main website unless anyone has other go recipe to try!!!?
That is a great recipe, good luck and have fun.

BRITU is an oldie but goodie, can't go wrong.

This is Raichlen's First Timer Recipe, he says its for beginners but I enjoy it so much I've done it a bunch of times and I'm far from a beginner. I really like soy sauce based mop sauce, though I just use a basting brush and not a mop.

First Timer Ribs

He does it at 325 to 350* on a Kettle for about an hour and a half, and I'm gonna try to smoke it at maybe 250 to 275.

BRITU is an oldie but goodie, can't go wrong.

This is Raichlen's First Timer Recipe, he says its for beginners but I enjoy it so much I've done it a bunch of times and I'm far from a beginner. I really like soy sauce based mop sauce, though I just use a basting brush and not a mop.

First Timer Ribs

He does it at 325 to 350* on a Kettle for about an hour and a half, and I'm gonna try to smoke it at maybe 250 to 275.

I will definitely give this one a shot too!! Thanks!

Socially distanced step-daughter birthday in the back yard. She doesn’t like smoked meat, so two rotisserie chickens with two drip pans full of potatoes. I haven’t decided if it’ll be RSC or buttmilk brined. I may try to push my luck and do it on the WSM, but likely it’ll be on the genny gasser.

Socially distanced step-daughter birthday in the back yard. She doesn’t like smoked meat, so two rotisserie chickens with two drip pans full of potatoes. I haven’t decided if it’ll be RSC or buttmilk brined. I may try to push my luck and do it on the WSM, but likely it’ll be on the genny gasser.
Never done a buttermilk brine, what is that all about.

Rotisserie Chicken brined in herbs and buttermilk. It’s a Jamie Purviance recipe from Weber’s New American Barbecue. I haven’t tried it yet, so why not do it the first time for company!
Well you have to let us know how it goes if you do try it, because that is an idea that has me really interested.

My grandmother use to make Italian beef in the oven and I love it, but I have never made it, how do you do it?
For sliced I use a top round roast, but using chuck eye roast or pot roast it's more like pulled beef, although you can slice a chuck eye roast and it's a close second to top round ( depending on the shape)
I grill or smoke till 160 seasoned with SPOG ( salt, pepper , onion , garlic ) Add some better than bullion or au jus, a package of Good seasons Italian dressing mix. a jar of pepperoncini or Giardiniera and a beer.
Put all that in a foiled pan till tender, shreddable and reduce the liquid.
You could do the same in a crock pot, just brown the roast first.

Tim

For sliced I use a top round roast, but using chuck eye roast or pot roast it's more like pulled beef, although you can slice a chuck eye roast and it's a close second to top round ( depending on the shape)
I grill or smoke till 160 seasoned with SPOG ( salt, pepper , onion , garlic ) Add some better than bullion or au jus, a package of Good seasons Italian dressing mix. a jar of pepperoncini or Giardiniera and a beer.
Put all that in a foiled pan till tender, shreddable and reduce the liquid.
You could do the same in a crock pot, just brown the roast first.

Tim
My grandmother was shredded, I have to do that, thanks!

Back