Went Shopping for a new Weber Q...

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
...but came home with a Nexgrill (from Costco).

Getting BBQ desperate as I can't light up the Kamado as there have been fire bans here for a little while and no end in sight - half the province is on fire right now and it's looking like a hot dry summer ahead too. So, I broke down and decided I needed to pick up a portable gas grill to get us over the hump. Went Q shopping twice now and the dealers would not budge on price. Used ones are just stupidly priced too. Then, we had to go to Costco today and that broke the back - saw this on clearance. Sorry Weber, I really really wanted a Weber Q. But with models priced from $349+, I just could not pull the trigger. Costco has their little 100% stainless steel portable on clearance ($40 off) - for $130.

My only criticisms are that the gas line is quite short and that the SS grate, while incredibly beefy material, could have had the grates a little closer together - might be an issue for smaller items (but nothing a basket can't deal with). Neither a deal breaker by any means. This thing gets HOT fast and is solid otherwise.

1684712704522.png

1684712745484.png

Cooked some tri-tip steaks tonight on it....I'm not displeased with the performance. Seared well etc.

Could add a third criticism in that the lid is not overly deep, so while great for steaks, burgers etc, anything with any substantial height will be an issue too. Being a "portable" unit, don't think this will be too much an issue...but, never know. Still pretty pleased for $130.

Back