Weekend Spareribs with the Family

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We had our son and family over for a weekend cook. While in Costco, I picked up a 3 pack of their spareribs. Went with those for the dinner along with a vegetable chili and some early corn on the cob. Wasn't expecting too much out of the corn this early in the year but it turned out to be pretty good.

Went with a Weber rub for the spares. Ran out after just two racks so I used some Simply Marvelous Apple rub on the third. Was in a hurry to get them on the smoker and did a pretty sloppy job on the trim.

enhance

Got them on my WSM running at 250. Some apple chunks for the smoke.

enhance

First 3 hours no foil. About one hour here.

enhance

Couple of hours.

enhance

Another hour and then foiled.

enhance

Pulled the foil and sauced. Used a Weber Sauce recipe.

enhance

enhance

Grilled up the corn.

enhance

I had put together the Chili earlier in the afternoon.

enhance

--------------

enhance

enhance

enhance

All done in a couple hours.

enhance

Ribs done in six hours.

enhance

enhance

Plated.

enhance

enhance

Had a great time with everyone and the meal wasn't bad either. Thanks for looking everyone.

Cliff I would take that so called sloppy trim anytime great cook. Loved the veggie chili got to give that a try as a side.

That looks excellent! I'm embarrassed to say I've not yet tried spares; only baby backs. I need to do this soon.

Cliff, that was an awesome cook. It all looks delicious and the veggie chili sounds great for a side dish.

Cliff, enjoyed your pics and narrative. Did you find 6hrs good for the ribs? Quite a bit of pullback.
Looks yummy. Good job cooking and posting!

Mark

The ribs look fantastic, but them beans.....They're a show stealer. Nicely done Cliff

Back