Weber Summit Kamado - ATL

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Not mine as much as I lust after one of these not gonna buy one that does not have the gas assist and table and willing to pay more for that. I have a Perfomer with gas assist and the metal table with an SNS so good for now sooner or later I will find the model with the gas assist and table. Pretty good deal for someone who does not care about that.

Never had a need for gas assist using my E6. A napkin with a teaspoon of bacon drippings is all it takes and in 10 minutes, perfectly hot coals. Not to take away from your liking your gas assist, but it’s not needed.

I have an S6, and actually just removed the gas assist assembly - completely/semi-permanently. More storage space underneath for some additional shelving work I have in the works. Covered up the gas entry hole with a couple stainless steel fender washers and some ATV red high-temp and a stainless steel bolt.

I wish Weber would have done to the US/Canada model what they did with the Aussie version (and dropped the price of course!)

Not to take away from your liking your gas assist, but it’s not needed.
Its needed on my end not going to give up a Perfomer with gas assist and a metal table for something that does not and I have a SNS which correct me if I am wrong won't work on that its to tall. That one has the baskets though.

Back