Weber Rotisserie Questions

Tim Mulvihill

TVWBB Fan
Hey everyone, I've been away for awhile, hope all is well and early Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

I think there's a good chance santa will bring me a new Weber Rotisserie toy. :):)

Stupid question: I'm assuming you cannot use the Maverik therm on the meat?

Not so stupid question: You put a chicken or turkey or anything with loose limbs - how do you tie it up so the legs and wings are flapping around?

Any other helpful hints would be appreciated to reduce the learning curve!

Thanks ahead of time!
Tim

I just saw somewhere that Maverick is coming out with a therm for rotisseries. A google search would turn it up pretty quickly if interested

Re loose limbs: I use kitchen twine to tie the legs together and, with a separate piece, snug the wings against the body.

You can use one long piece to truss the whole thing -- plenty of videos out there on different techniques -- but I find it easier to spear the birds on the rotisserie and then snug them up.

And no, the twine does not burn, even though I often roast birds at 400 plus.

Go to YouTube and search "Truss A Chicken" watch the video(s) and use that method. Works everytime! BTW I have a Weber Rotisserie and you will love it. Whenever I use the rotisserie I use a semi-indirect method of cooking. I place a pan full of water below the bird, ham or roast. Then I place the charcoal to the sides. My rotisserie is for the 22.5 kettle grill. Hope that helps! Good Luck and Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Back