Weber questionable customer service

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Has anyone recently dealt with Weber customer service in the past three weeks?

I have not either... although I am trying to.
Placed a call on April 6. I was in a hold for over 13 minutes then hung up.
I sent a message to them through their website. No response.
I re-responded to that email seven days later, still no response. And again, re-responded... And again no response
I called again. Placed on hold for another 10 minutes, when they warned me the wait time was only five minutes.
I called again, four times total placed on hold forever and ever...
Now I understand everything in this world is kinda real funky and all... but Jiminy crickets, respond to an email after two weeks.

Yes, I called last week, the automated system had an estimated 6 minute wait time, I gave up after 10 minutes because my question wasn't that important. I did not avail myself of the "we'll call you back" option.

Convenient since my ten year warranty expires this year on my 26” kettle with broken handle welds..

screw them, I’ll just drill and bolt it on.

edit: the “we’ll call you back” option did not work in 2 attempts.

Wait for 13 minutes , wait till you call social security. 15 is standard.
The phone system yo link CS employees to home phone or company cell must not be working very well

Just speaking for me personally, Jim, I've have inserted the bolts from the inside and used acorn nuts on the outside to completely protect threads. Then again.... the chances of you taking those bolts out are pretty slim, aren't they?

I called two weeks ago to order some parts for my SS Performer. Recording indicated a ten minute wait. Finally after thirty minutes someone came on line. She said many are working from home, and system response was slower than normal.

I called two weeks ago to order some parts for my SS Performer. Recording indicated a ten minute wait. Finally after thirty minutes someone came on line. She said many are working from home, and system response was slower than normal.
I had to order a part for my Gen II a couple of weeks ago because a brain fart on my part. It took me 2 phone calls and an email to get through. The customer service representative basically told me the same thing. I know it's tough with everything in the world going on these days. I can live with that.

I placed an order from them on line on Monday morning. Just got shipping notification today. I'm sure they are staffed minimally to be safe, but it would've been nice to be informed of that with my order confirmation. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by Amazon Prime (which hasn't been all that great lately either, understandably).

I ordered a T Post Driver from Lowes last Saturday. Looked at the order status yesterday and it said " delivered " . Well, as far as I knew, that was not the case.

So I spent 35 minutes on hold with Lowes, to find out the delivery was scheduled for yesterday, but it shows on their site as delivered.

Home Depot erroneously credited my account for a $15 purchase. I really did try to contact them about this, but hold times were ridiculous.

This seems to be a common affliction.

Maybe they should rename to Amazon Choice?

To add insult to injury, they shipped my order via FedEx SmartPost - which will make the speedy delivery from Wisconsin to the DC Suburbs in a lightning quick 9 days, estimated. I cannot fathom how shipping via even the slowest of methods could take that long in this day and age. I could get on a horse in Wisconsin and be in Virginia in that time.

Vendors should actually give a discount on the price of an item if you're willing to get it via SmartPost, IMHO.

Last edited:
Old Chinese proverb:
“May you live in interesting times.”
Now, to the issue with Weber service? Pretty much everything I have is no longer under warranty so, I figure it is easier to source things from other places.
I fully appreciate your dilemma Jim and see your irritation, with any luck you might be able to start a “service ticket” email and get some results after this whole disastrous situation gets sorted out a bit?
Here’s to hoping the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT and oncoming train.
And, for what it’s worth, thats the way I’d have fixed it too.

To add insult to injury, they shipped my order via FedEx SmartPost - which will make the speedy delivery from Wisconsin to the DC Suburbs in a lightning quick 9 days, estimated. I cannot fathom how shipping via even the slowest of methods could take that long in this day and age. I could get on a horse in Wisconsin and be in Virginia in that time.

Vendors should actually give a discount on the price of an item if you're willing to get it via SmartPost, IMHO.

Good news: The shipment got here two days earlier than expected.

Bad news: I ordered three burner tubes and a grill brush, but only received the grill brush. :eek:

Holding on the phone now...

Edit: After holding for an hour (while multi-tasking), I gave up.

Last edited:
Tried calling again just now. Automated message: "All of our agents are busy supporting other customers. Please reach out to us through customer support on our website and we'll get back to you as soon as possible." Then they hung up. :unsure:

Tried calling again just now. Automated message: "All of our agents are busy supporting other customers. Please reach out to us through customer support on our website and we'll get back to you as soon as possible." Then they hung up. :unsure:
And I was going to call today to see if the charcoal briquettes, no. 17950, are still being produced. I filled out their online form last week about it and never got a response, not even the automated "we received your question" email.

Back