Weber Q3000

RobW-ToolmakerRob

TVWBB Member
Just picked up this beauty for $50.00. Spent 2 hours cleaning and good as new!! Fired the girl up and let her burn for a bit to clean the grills up and she held 550 F. This will be a nice addition for the front of the shop on weekends.

Attachments

• 20210424_164641_resized.jpg
    20210424_164641_resized.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 20
Love the big size of the small grill. I have a Q1000 and it always seemed to be on the smallish side. This one just seems capable of so much more. What I like is that if we are doing something on the Genesis 335 series I can always do some simple appetizers on the side with this.

Rob

Love the big size of the small grill. I have a Q1000 and it always seemed to be on the smallish side. This one just seems capable of so much more. What I like is that if we are doing something on the Genesis 335 series I can always do some simple appetizers on the side with this.

Rob
They are great for veggies!!

Just picked up this beauty for $50.00. Spent 2 hours cleaning and good as new!! Fired the girl up and let her burn for a bit to clean the grills up and she held 550 F. This will be a nice addition for the front of the shop on weekends.
You can sit the tank in the back on the bottom rack if you like. I love my Q320.

The only "knock" I've read on some postings is that it lacks the flavor bars to prevent common frequent grease fires
I think lack of flavor bars is a feature - About 5 less things to replace and clean. The way the grates are designed I don't get stuff dripping on them and the burners seem to last forever.

I have been selling my refurbed ones for $180 - $200. Most of the time it is just cleaning and maybe a ignition button. Never had to replace grates or burners even on the 10 year and older ones. They just hold up so well.

I oftened wondered how much it would take to make some flavor bars in the shop at home and what benefit there would be?
Good question. If you were able to cover the burners with some custom flavor bars, then you could use any grates cut to size and not worry about having ones with a solid strip over the burners.

Interesting idea, but I would be a little concerned that putting flavorizers between the burner and grate would reduce the heat capability. I am no expert, but some things that have been said here about how the stock cast iron grates radiate heat and are part of the way the Q grills cook makes sense to me.

Back