Weber in their report exiting unprofitable product lines. Guess what those lines are.

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Okay for fun lets have a thread on this what is your guess. Lets try to keep it to 3 choices so I will start off. The Poland plant does kettles and Q's so they are safe not that I ever thought the kettles would have a problem just stating what they said.

1) June might have been the dumbest purchase they have ever made. They cannot be making any money on these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CG88Z2Y/?tag=tvwb-20 Sell it won't get much have the buyer outsource software for their smart grills pay the man.

I own a Ninja for under 170 bucks does pretty much everything June does no app but who cares the price of the June is absurd.

2) Weber Summit Kamado yes they reduced the price initially now back to 1249 you can argue and I lust for one but how many units do they sell of these nobody stocks them unless you want to buy online so maybe they are making money but also might be stuck with a big cost in inventory which they must reduce. They are not knocking of the BGE or the clones those days have come and gone.

3) The Spirit Gassers dump the whole line keep the high end Genesis can't compete with the low end with the Spirit its still to much money.

#2 I speak with other Kamado owners and the Weber has mind share in its space. And sales are there, but as a higher priced kettle, it’s a move up grill for the installed kettle base and those who want to cook with coal and the flexibility of a grill and smoker. I think this unit/line makes them money and will only expand in time. Personally, kill the gas assist and sell more S6’s would be my recco.

#3 get out of the Spirit line and make the Genesis go from entry level to advanced level with a few skus.

Not mentioned, revamp the Summitt gassers and make a better product. I’d never buy that grill new and it’s competition blows the Summit gassers away. Either make it a pro grill with pro features or kill it.

#1 as my home downsizes and my oven use will decrease, I can see a need for a countertop convection oven.

I don’t subscribe to all these connected devices. I prefer to put the damn phone down and live my life. But maybe the only way to reach newer buyers is through these types of products.

Brett, I agree with your last statement. As for #1 -- exorbitant price. Two years ago we bought a good, large (16" pizza size) convection toaster oven and almost never use our oven -- $250, I think. I use it second only to my grill.

But I basically agree on Summit and Spirit. High end and low end for the sake of having them.

I would love to help Weber out by buying a new grill. As soon as they make one that looks like this, I will buy it. I wonder why they never change the basic design of their kettles, those keep selling.

Screenshot_20220815-225039_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to help Weber out by buying a new grill. As soon as they make one that looks like this, I will buy it. I wonder why they never change the basic design of their kettles, those keep selling. View attachment 57509
I think that if you look at the new grills, the Spirit (not II) has more in common with the classic Weber (other than burner orientation) than the new Genesis. But, none of them are what you would call entry level price.

Back