Weber grill won’t light

Tom McG

I’ve got a year and a half old Weber Grill. Suddenly It will not light no matter what I do. I tried a new regulator and it would not light. I tried a new battery nothing. I got a new tank. Still won’t light. I do not hear any gas flowing when I open the valve and turn the switch to on before lighting. Anybody with any suggestions. I’m at a loss.

The gasser guy's on here need to know what kind of weber grill you have and they will help you out in a jiffy.

Sounds like a Gen II Genesis or Spirit, but first thing comes to mind: Are you getting any spark from the igniter when you press the button? Have you tried a manual lighter/match?

Sounds like a Gen II Genesis or Spirit, but first thing comes to mind: Are you getting any spark from the igniter when you press the button? Have you tried a manual lighter/match?

That would be my first question. Seems the igniters always go quickly without regular maintenance.

I assume you don't smell gas in addition to not hearing it. When you turn it on at the tank, try going very slowly. The regulators can sometimes get finicky if you open up quickly.

Take out the grates and flavo bars. Use a lighter to light a burner. If it lights you know it's ignitors, if not you have a gas flow issue

Back