Weber Genesis?

Hunter Butler

TVWBB Fan

Is this good deal, tel me no bc my wife would kill me if I got this! I know it needs new wood, but the lid looks good.

Price is good. I would want to take a closer look at it.
The firebox, manifold and big catch pan all need to be in good shape.

The internals are still available. The lid is interchangeable with other models.

I am not sure you would make out as a flip, especially without more pics of the inside, but if you want it as a personal grill it looks like a good candidate. I would ask for more pics.

I am not sure you would make out as a flip, especially without more pics of the inside, but if you want it as a personal grill it looks like a good candidate. I would ask for more pics.
Those woody wagons are tough to flip if you need to redo the wood.
For personal use they seem like a good project. The wood comes out beautifully on the many I have seen on this site. They make a good conversation piece and a good grill

Yah, the wood makes them a bit more work to do, so rehabb and flip is a bit more dicey. But a buyer might pay a premium for some nice new looking wood. Check the firebox for holes, especially under where the flavorizer bars rest. Check the front top edge of the fire box for bowing out. If it is too bad, grates might not fit well. Check the left cross member on the frame for excessive rust where it bolts to the firebox. Those are your big issues. If you can find the side table that is missing, that would be great, otherwise you would need two Z bars after you make new slats for it. If the tank is included. that would be a bonus.
$40 is about as much as I would pay for one of those though. They are not real hard to come by around here.

I ended up passing, the box itself looked in bad shape, grill grates looked ok, but needed new burners - so it’s still out there for someone that wants a project.

Burners are cheap. A decent set of SS solid rod grates are under $40. A dirty box is no big deal. A putty knife and 15 minutes is all it takes. Unless there is physical damage to the box, don't worry about the gunk.

Back