Weber Genesis Silver B circa 2006

JimMilton

TVWBB Member
I've started my second deep refurbish of this grill. Pics to follow. This was a gift on my 40th birthday. Replacing the burner tubes and starter. Last time (7 years ago) I replaced the grates and flavor bars, but those seem fine for now. The chrome warmer grate is just going to have to fall apart before I replace it again. It is made to rust.

Those warming racks definitely aren't made to last. I actually use mine fairly often so I replace that too when it gets rusty. If I never used it I would just toss it because then it would just be in the way.

Nice grill, well worth the effort to restore. Bar Keepers Friend cleanser will remove the rust from the handles on the stainless steel. Better get cracking on the inside of the cabinet. lol. I like to use Clorox clean up on the plastic parts. I'm knee deep restoring my 2004 Silver A. Good luck with your project.

Good advice. That is a 2005 Genesis with the black knobs and handles. It is hard to come by those knobs and handles and in my opinion, preferred over the standard gray ones. The only problem with those grills is the bottom of cabinet tends to rust out pretty bad.

I had that exact same Genesis, the late edition with the black trim upgrade. I think it is one of the most practical ones Weber made with those two flip up thermoset tables. A lot of work space without taking up an excessive amount of room on your patio and easy to clean. That combined with the black trim gives it a more modern look, but it is still a REAL Weber Genesis.

Definitely worth putting the effort and materials to give it another ten year run.

Good advice. That is a 2005 Genesis with the black knobs and handles. It is hard to come by those knobs and handles and in my opinion, preferred over the standard gray ones. The only problem with those grills is the bottom of cabinet tends to rust out pretty bad.
reviving an old thread..

I have the exact same grill - my bottom pan is starting to rust/flake and is a bit unsightl.. any tips on how to make this a bit better?

reviving an old thread..

I have the exact same grill - my bottom pan is starting to rust/flake and is a bit unsightl.. any tips on how to make this a bit better?
Someone just linked what might be a workable option. Steve IIRC. In any case, I would not paint it. LOL

reviving an old thread..

David, are you talking about the big drip tray that slides out? If I were you I would just buy a new one if you are planning on keeping the grill for any length of time. You can't buy one of those for the previous generation of grills and it's becoming a big problem as these grills age. I know they aren't cheap, but a new one should last another twenty years.Screenshot_20230516-163115.png

David, are you talking about the big drip tray that slides out? If I were you I would just buy a new one if you are planning on keeping the grill for any length of time. You can't buy one of those for the previous generation of grills and it's becoming a big problem as these grills age. I know they aren't cheap, but a new one should last another twenty years.View attachment 70677
Sorry,

I actually meant the floor of the storage cabinet?
Mine has started to flake the paint off? Fortunately with the door closed its out of sight, out of mind

I must check out the bottom tray as a replacement to have in the garage if they stop making them, thanks

Back