Weber Genesis Gold

C Denham

I have some replacement catch pan rails I would like to get out on. As you can imagine the old screws that hold in the old set are seized up.
I've tried using heat to free them up.
I'm gonna guess there going to break off.
Any advice on getting those out or how to go about replacing those screws if they do break.
Trying to avoid the Drill and tap if I can.
Thanks
Charles

Patience, LOTS of PBlaster, more patience, more PBlaster, heat (paying attention to heat the area around the screws not the screws, and as Bruce has pointed out using an impact driver judiciously help as the "hammering" of the impact mechanism helps loosen the corrosion.

I get 9/10 out using my 1/4" impact. It is a matter of taking it slow. Just don't mash down on the trigger. The impacting breaks the screws free without twisting them off. Only works if the screw has a good head on it so the socket can bite. But, I have very good luck with this method. And before anyone posts reservations on this method, just keep in mind, that you can do the soaking and heating and all that prior. I normally just go straight for the impact, but heating and soaking will only help the impact work better.

The HOW TO above is mine and it works great for the dozens of cook boxes that I rehab every summer.

Yep yep, thank y'all appreciate it. I had searched before posting this question and must not have used the right words to bring up older posts that addressed this.
I'll try the recommendations.

Back