Weber Genesis 3 1989

LauraSnider

My husband and I purchased a Weber Genesis 3, I believe from 1989, with a blue hood. We took it apart and fixed some rust, cleaned it all up, purchased a lot of replacement parts based on the Genesis 3000 (because that's what we originally thought we had).
Now we're putting it all back together and wondering if anyone out there has an owner's manual. We have been unable to find one online or on Weber's website. We found the 3000, but it's slightly different. We've emailed Weber, but not sure how soon we'll hear back with COVID and all.
Anyone have any tips for restoring Weber Genesis 1-5 from 1985-1992?
Thanks!

Are you able to read the serial number on your grill? If it hasn't been faded over time and exposure, try registering your grill on Weber's website. On some of my grills, I was able to access an available parts list and downloadable owner's manual. That way, you don't have to worry about if/when someone answers an email. Plus, if you call Weber in the future for any parts or help, they can pull up your account and grill model easily.

You can literally use any owners manual from a Weber grill with the burner running horizontally. They all work the same. I would not worry about that.

I tend to agree that there are just a few stylistic differences between a 3000 and a 3 that wouldn't affect the operational advice given in the 3000 manual.

That sounds like a cool find!

I dont think you can even register grills with weber prior to 1994. Maybe, but I don't think so.

When you go to register a grill on line, the form requires the grill have the LL####### format for a serial number. Grills 1993 and prior used a different SN scheme. So, I don't think it can be registered on line. But, I think if you call Weber C/S they can manually register it for you.

Anyone know a replacement igniter for the side burner? Looks like the one we bought doesn’t quite fit but we could make it work

Back