Weber Genesis 1 untouched!! This is big!!

That’s unbelievable! What an amazing find. I would bet even Weber itself doesn’t have anything like that. 30+ years in deep freeze.

Incredible! There have to be only a handful of them in the boxes like that, it is so fun to see them found!

Needless to say, please assemble and heavily photograph that!!

From what I understand, they don't really have a way of pinning down the year of manufacture to a specific year until the early to mid 90s. But I beleive the Genesis 1-5 series were from 1985 to 1990. If you look closely at the cook box and end caps, you may see date stamps on them. This will give you an idea of the earliest it could be, but keep in mind, they can manufacture a cook box in 1986 and not use it on a grill until 1988.

From what I understand, they don't really have a way of pinning down the year of manufacture to a specific year until the early to mid 90s. But I beleive the Genesis 1-5 series were from 1985 to 1990. If you look closely at the cook box and end caps, you may see date stamps on them. This will give you an idea of the earliest it could be, but keep in mind, they can manufacture a cook box in 1986 and not use it on a grill until 1988.
Thanks Bruce, I already have a mint red gen 1 but couldn’t not get this. Only knew once collected what colour it was. Guys late father bought it and never opened. Would love to know what year it was born. Whether I ever use is debatable but just can’t leave in box!! Going to leave for couple of weeks then decide what to do. A pro style unbox and assembly is my initial thought! A great day 🍻❤️

My own feeling - and I know I can be pretty boring at times - is... I'd leave it alone - I would not open it. That is a really cool piece of history and could well be the only one in existence. If it was a newer model then maybe not such a big deal. But that unopened box there is a genuine piece of irreplaceable history. What a cool find!

-John (Boston)

Back