Weber Gas Go-Anywhere vs Q1200

Vincent N

Hello friends,
I have a charcoal jumbo joe and charcoal Go-Anywhere, the beaches and parks near town, only allow gas cooking/grilling.
Between Gas Go-Anywhere and Q1200, which one would you prefer and why? Thanks and have a great day. Vincent.

Last edited:
I have both and if weight is no problem, the Q1200 is better hands down IMHO. If carrying longer distances, the GGA is more convenient. If you go with the GGA do some research on the grill grate on the new ones. Some people don't like them so shopping "used" might be an option. I have the old model and no experience with the new grate. If it is really windy the burner can blow out on the GGA if you have it turned down low. I have not had this happen on the Q1200 and I use it a lot more. It is my go to grill for camping/picnics/tailgating.

Go Anywhere is much more portable and packs down smaller. You can carry with one hand. It's a nice little grill if cooking for 2-3 people.

The Q1200 is a little bulky when compared to the GA, but it's not that bad to transport. It's a much better cooker and can cook quite a bit more food. Just not as easy to move around

Thanks Richard and Kyle, that's my thought too, I'll settle for Q1200, as I already have charcoal GA and Jumbo Joe

I have both and would definitely the Q1200 is definitely the better grill. The GA does not like wind.

The go anywhere shines in the charcoal version. It's a lot "cleaner" and easier to deal with vs the gas go anywhere. The Q1200 is a fantastic grill, but make no mistake it's a lot larger and heavier. If you combine it with a rolling stand it's a lot easier to move around. For a beach grill I would cave and go with a gas go anywhere just for portability.

Back