Weber flavorizer bars vs aftermarket bars

SamK

TVWBB Member
I just bought a Genesis 1100 that's in fantastic shape aside from the fact that it needs new flavorizer bars. I've been looking around online and found this website that has the actual Weber ss bars for $79.99 but also aftermarket bars for $20 cheaper. http://www.bbqparts.com/genesis1100.html

Can anyone tell me if there's any advantage to the Weber bars other than the fact that they're made by Weber?

Here's a shot I took after staining the wood. Everything works and she's a 'beaut aside from the flavorizer bars!
jtqxz8.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Those aftermarket bars are listed as being 304 stainless and 18 gauge, which is the same as the Weber bars. As long as they aren't lying, they should pretty much be the same. That said, RCPlanebuyer sells aftermarket bars on Ebay and his are 16 gauge. I've gotten 5 or 6 sets from him and have been extremely happy with them.

EDIT: Should add that the "5 or 6 sets" have been for 5 or 6 different grills. Each set is still working just fine after years of use. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice redhead. I bought aftermarket bars and really find no difference to the Weber Bars other than saving 15% on cost. I bought mine on ebay.

Back