Weber Emblem Restorations

Cody Bratton

TVWBB Pro
So I have a weird type of satisfaction out of redoing the emblems. I like different stuff than the plain black and brushed silver. Show us all what you’ve done, whether a stock appearance, something different, products that work, preferred methods, paints, anything Weber emblem related post it here! Here’s a few I’ve done in various stages.

Attachments

• IMG_7498.jpeg
    IMG_7498.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6836.jpeg
    IMG_6836.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 19
Maybe some different colors like red (I know International Harvester Red) is a perfect match to the old red head reds. Or maybe a nice blue, or almost anything. Then bury it in clear so it looks like a piece of that Japanese art they do in porcelain

The silver one is really growing on me. I know I posted this one before but it's my favorite. I clear coated it after painting and sanding it and I really like the way it came out.View attachment 99820
Was there a particular clear you used? That’s held up well? The silver looks so much nicer in person. I want to see it on the grey mica lid. Also have one of the large genesis gold emblems I want to try the silver on, and see it on the SS lid. Just for kicks

@Steve Hoch
I believe you stated once you use Brake Cleaner to remove the OEM paint off of the emblem. So, when you spray is down does the paint come right off cleanly and quickly?

I use brake cleaner to "clean" the badges before I paint them. It does not remove the existing finish from my experience. I don't even think "paint thinner" will easily remove that paint. I guess a guy could soak them in a bucket of it for a day or two.

Back