Weber Electric Temp Connector Questions

Joel-NY

Live in an apt. where charcoal and gas are prohibited so had to go with a Q1400 electric on my terrace. Added the Weber cart and long Weber cover. Questions:

1) If I leave the cover on when not in use, Weber "recommends" that we still remove the Temperature Controller unit. How necessary is that if the long BBQ cover keeps it well covered? and

2) When I try to remove the Temperature Controller, it is really tight and difficult to take off? Any ideas to make it easier to remove?? I know it needs to make a good electrical contact, but are there lubricants that don't interfere with that contact? Other suggestions? or must I just work it off?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but Weber does say to take it inside when not in use. I wonder if that is a legitimate need, or just Weber being super cautious.

Joel, I have a sister who has owned one for 4 years and it is kept on her condo portch and has a cover. No problems. Before my parents moved to senior living, they had one on their deck that was under the overhang for about 5 years. It had no cover and they never had a problem with it either.

Joel, I have a sister who has owned one for 4 years and it is kept on her condo portch and has a cover. No problems. Before my parents moved to senior living, they had one on their deck that was under the overhang for about 5 years. It had no cover and they never had a problem with it either.
I think it depends on the climate. Where I am, there is so much humidity in the spring, fall, and winter that the inside of my Q rains condensation regardless whether I cover it or leave it uncovered. Weber probably put that line in the instructions to minimize the chance of moisture damaging the temperature control unit.

Back