Weber E-410 genesis lx conversion to LP From natural gas. Trade manifolds?

DWillson

I found a great shape E-410 natural gas and bought it knowing conversion was common! Wrong on weber
I did get some orifices and drilled them out to 1mm and they work ok. 9 mm would have been better. Does anyone know what the orifice size should be on a 410
I also but a butane regulator on it. Is there a special one for this machine
Thanks to great leadership on this site I find tge weber does not condone conversions on their grills and the valve construction is such that they don’t operate well on the gas it wasn’t made for
I’m looking for a valve manifold for a a LP 410 series with front knobs 2017 and up
Will trade my natural gas kit / manifold for LP. Manifold and kit

Any advice would be appreciated much

drilled them out to 1mm and they work ok. 9 mm would have been better
Do you realize what you just put out there? 1mm is one thing but 9mm?!!! Might just as well run an open gas pipe right to the burners. Right now given your description you likely have flames jumping out the top of that thing. Not to come off as harsh this is precisely what I had been trying to describe to you, that if you don't know your way around gas pressures, flow characteristics and so on, this is not for the inexperienced to fool around with. If you don't have the correct valves, manifold and regulator for the gas type there is NO correct orifice.

P
Do you realize what you just put out there? 1mm is one thing but 9mm?!!! Might just as well run an open gas pipe right to the burners. Right now given your description you likely have flames jumping out the top of that thing. Not to come off as harsh this is precisely what I had been trying to describe to you, that if you don't know your way around gas pressures, flow characteristics and so on, this is not for the inexperienced to fool around with. If you don't have the correct valves, manifold and regulator for the gas type there is NO correct orifice.
Prob an auto correct typo for 0.9

Bottom line is that he has the right idea to try to find someone who will swap him an LP manifold. The right way to solve his situation.
I agree, or buy a manifold. I briefly looked and didn't see any "in stock" unfortunately.

for example, this one is currently out of stock.

Back