weber char Q FOR SALE CRAIGS LIST (not my add)

Not really. Not for new. I sold a rehabbed one a month ago for $180 and the guy paid me another $50 to meet him part way which was 90 miles and he had to drive about 120 miles. So, basically the grill cost him $230 and he drove 120 miles to pick it up. It was a really good rehab, but not new for sure.

$250 is probably about what they cost new, and that one looks to be new. I will only say that even my ugly, tired out one is a PEARL to grill on! Strictly a quick, high heat grilling machine for burgers, steak, chops, etc. It does do a good job :coolkettle: !

IMG_1072.jpeg

$250 is probably about what they cost new, and that one looks to be new. I will only say that even my ugly, tired out one is a PEARL to grill on! Strictly a quick, high heat grilling machine for burgers, steak, chops, etc. It does do a good job :coolkettle: !

View attachment 5511
That looks awesome. Other than being larger, is it appreciably better than the Go Anywhere charcoal?

$250 is probably about what they cost new .......

I did a bit of research on this a few months ago, and recall they
actually retailed at $159 to $179 .... however, I do not recall my
source at the moment.

I just sold my extra Q last week for $150 to a local kettlehead. It was used,
well used, and I didn't even take the time to clean it. I fully expect that seller
to get his $250 asking price. I would be pricing it similar if it was mine.

Dave,
That's probably true. Of course, that was 12 years ago, too! I do remember reading someone's comments from back then I found in the archives here that it seemed like it was overpriced. I think many prospective buyers couldn't see why they should pay that much when they could get a Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, or even a Jumbo Joe for a lot less.

I think if those people had the opportunity to actually cook on it, they might have thought differently:cool::weberq:.

That looks awesome. Other than being larger, is it appreciably better than the Go Anywhere charcoal?

The big thing to me is that it is a cast aluminum. Radiates heat well and no rust, other than the cast iron grate, and the grate they made for it was pretty good. I am still using it even though it is 12 years old.

Looks really nice! If I were on that side of the country, I’d seriously consider it!
I don’t really need or want a “new in box” clean one, honest wear would be fine but, I might need to store it in the bathroom!

Once they have been used a while they start looking rough and don’t attract much interest from typical buyers (not just like us here!)...

But that one is a collector’s dream. I won’t be surprised if someone with my crazy taste but a much larger wallet gets it just to look at it!

Back