Water pan cover (pizza pan) for 18.5" WSM

Trey Hand

Has anyone found a pizza pan on Amazon that fits the 18.5" WSM water bowl other than the $31 one from Burnt Paper? I just can't see paying that much when an under $10 pizza pan would suffice. Would like to save drippings sometimes and save some aluminum foil from the landfill. Thanks!

I thought I answered this question earlier, but I guess I got distracted and didn't post my reply!

I've played with the Chicago Metallic deep dish pizza pan as a water pan replacement in the 18.5" WSM. You might need to tweak the grill straps for the best fit. I don't have a water pan handy, but this pizza pan might fit into the stock pan. Not as good a fit as a purpose-built pan like the ones from Burnt End Paper, but might work good enough for you. It goes for the low- to mid-$20 range. But my sense is you're looking for something even less expensive.

Chris maybe a dumb question from a newbie to the WSM. “Are you putting the pan over the bowl with filled water in it? I agree on the amount foil you have to use to line the pan.

I know this thread was for the 18.5", but here us what I did for my 22, maybe you could use the same technique if you find a pan that fits.

I found a cheap pizza pan om Amazon that fits the water bowl nicely. I drilled 1" holes as seen. I still foil the pan, and poke my finger through the holes to allow the moisture to escape. I realize that the water pan is mostly used as a heat sink, but this has helped my cooks.

20200912_145318.jpg

I inherited a 16" diameter stainless mixing bowl that I set into the WSM bowl. I fill it with water and use it to catch drippings. Very little gets into the WSM bowl.
Mals

Back