Warranty or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas Bjornerback

TVWBB Member
Hi,

I just got of the phone with Weber Scandinavia. They accommodated my claim for my Smokey Joe Silver and would upgrade the bottom part to a Gold(!). NIIICE! Thanks!

The damages on my Ranch Kettle (just purchased used) were not considered as eligible for warranty. They said someone had made a huge coal fire (I'm thinking wood even) which made the coal mesh become bent and the high temperature made the porcelain crack.

I tried to argue that the cracks were *under* the coal mesh, and it should not be the hottest place. If the cracks were from the mesh and UP, I would have agreed.

Can you guys help me argue my case? What can possibly be the reason for the cracks on the bottom bowl?

See pictures here:
http://www.bjornerback.com/tomas/bbq/warranty/

Best regards,
A happy Weber user
icon_smile.gif

Wow, that is a messed up Ranch Kettle. I would have to agree with Weber though. It looks like someone had a VERY hot fire in there. I have seen where people will light fires in a Weber without a charcoal grate. Maybe this is what happened?

Hopefully you got it at a good price. If so, replace the charcoal grate and enjoy it. Even with the damage if you take care of it, it will last for several more years.

Looks kind of familiar.
In my case, Weber did replace the bowl, but it was less than a year old. I asked here if it was because I was banking the coals up against that side, and the consensus was no, it should stand up to that heat. The grates are to let air under the coals, not to keep the hot coals off the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back