Vintage Weber Gas Kettle Grill CL Find #2

ToddBP

TVWBB Super Fan
I picked up my second CL Weber gas kettle grill within about a week of my first one. This one is older as it has the metal handles and is in excellent condition. The lid also has a flat spot in the top almost like the old 26"ers have. The person was selling it for her mother and she said it has been stored unused for many years. This model has the brackets inside the lid to raise it up and leave a gap along the edge to get some ventilation and air flow vs the kind with the vents in the lid. This also has the Weber gas tank! In one of the pictures I've put both side by side for comparison. I'll be trying it out sometime during this 4th of July holiday weekend.

Last edited:
My parents had one of these. I hate to tell you but it was awful. Maybe something for reminiscing but I certainly would never want to have to cook on one again.

My parents had one of these. I hate to tell you but it was awful. Maybe something for reminiscing but I certainly would never want to have to cook on one again.

Yes, I know they aren't the most efficient way to grill but I like the "older" models of Weber grills, kind of a nostalgic look to the past.

Gday todd
Unsure how to post pic here as I don't come to this site much
I could post a link to pics
Good to see some interest in kettles back here
A year ago I thought this site had closed because there was no new posts on weber kettles
Let me know how to post or I will try and copy a link (hope that works)
Dave

A year ago I thought this site had closed because there was no new posts on weber kettles
TVWBB consists of 53 forums discussing all Weber products, barbecuing and grilling in general, and recipes. Weber Charcoal discussion is just one of the 53. TVWBB has not closed and will not close any time soon. And you're always welcome to post here. :)

TVWBB consists of 53 forums discussing all Weber products, barbecuing and grilling in general, and recipes. Weber Charcoal discussion is just one of the 53. TVWBB has not closed and will not close any time soon. And you're always welcome to post here. :)

Post some pics, join the fun.:cool:

tvwbb is the genuine real deal. one and only original independant weber site. not sure how you missed it. i just put my pics in photobucket and then
post the direct link to it. saves chris some computer space.

Back