VERY excited for this weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey all,
I've been very fortunate to be allowed to tag along with "The Smoke Ring" team this weekend as part of the New England BBQ Society's mentoring program. I'm not sure how involved I can get but I'm excited to get an up close view of the inner workings of a competition. Set-up is Friday afternoon and turn-in is noon on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I can't wait.
Gary T

I believe that's Gary Howards team and that is some right fine company to keep, keep your eyes open you will learn a lot.
Jim

That is Garry Howard's team and they are outstanding competition. While I have not personally met Garry his operation of the The Smokering Website and email list is quite helpful.

Garry has won quite regularly on his WSMs. It will be interesting to see how he does with his new Backwoods Smoker.

Gary,
I heard about the mentoring program at the NEBS Cooking School a few weeks back. Sounds like something really worth doing even if you have to wash a few dishes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Small price to pay to brush elbows with the pros and learn the ropes.

Let us know how things go!

-Rich

Rich,
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I know this is a great oppertunity for me to learn from some real pro's.
Gary T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back