Venting time!!!

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Woke up this morning to Microsoft updating my computer. OK, I waited about a half hour or so. They finished, did my usual morning stuff. Everything looked normal, (you guys were still here lol) checked my mail, got rid of spam, then I noticed, the Solitaire game that I have been playing for years is gone. Since I have been in this darn wheelchair for some months now, it has been my main source of entertainment. I can't find it. Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

I have two desktop computers at home.

One is to run a cad drafting program, Microsoft operating system.

The other runs Ubuntu, and is used for everything else.

I think they must have a solitaire program.

I don’t think this comment will be very helpful to you @Joan , but you never know.

Timothy, I saw this but am afraid to do what it says. Also, somewhere I read they want $99 a year to play the game.

Joan, my wife, Sara, is a gameaholic and when she has a problem, my top priority is getting it running. I don't play games, but -- I just went on the Microsoft Store. That shopping bag icon with the Windows logo is the store. I clicked on it and installed the Simple Solitaire game. It's free. I started a game then I ran my virus scanner to make sure no malware came with the download. The scan found no problems. Go for it. :D

Lew, thank you soo much. I will save this for later. Right now, what I am doing (can't believe it took me this long to think of it. lol) I am playing Solitaire with REAL CARDS!!!!!!!! lol Just like I have done most of my life. (before this darn computer stuff became such a way of life that we forget how we used to do things.)

Well, I played 4 games with the cards. Then I pulled up a jigsaw site I use. Now, DH brought out his laptop with my old card game on it. I can't say no. Back to the old game for a while.

Anybody cooking anything good for dinner tonight?

Woke up this morning to Microsoft updating my computer. OK, I waited about a half hour or so. They finished, did my usual morning stuff. Everything looked normal, (you guys were still here lol) checked my mail, got rid of spam, then I noticed, the Solitaire game that I have been playing for years is gone. Since I have been in this darn wheelchair for some months now, it has been my main source of entertainment. I can't find it. Thanks for letting me vent!!!!
Hey Joan, we’re you able to get solitaire after the update?

Hope all is well with you.

My complaint was a few days ago, my Microsoft calendar would not load. Did all the troubleshooting and updating. A few days later it started to magically load again. Of course, all my information was gone. I am now using Google calendar. I think it is just another nudge for me to go to Windows 11 because 10 is working fine for me and I have resisted. Resistance is futile.

Hey Joan, we’re you able to get solitaire after the update?

Hope all is well with you.
Thanks John, no, not the one I have been playing for years. What I have been using is a poor sub. for it but it is better than nothing lol

Rocky Linux on my server.
Some days I consider also installing it on my primary desktop, leaving Win10 for the CAD/CAM computer only.
My son gave me an Ubuntu cd around 15 years ago and when the hard drive on my desktop crapped out I gave it a try.

Not as buggy as Microsoft in my opinion.

I've been running [open]SuSE for years at home (hammering this out on an Asus laptop running openSuSE Leap 15.4.) I did take a side trip into Ubuntu after some driver issues, and came away not liking it all (okay, it might have been Gnome.... and I utterly hate Gnome.) In my day job, it's almost completely RedHat Enterprise Linux derivatives without graphic front ends. CentOS is no longer an option after it got repositioned. Rocky or Alma are good alternatives there, and I don't care for Fedora due to where it's positioned in the development stream either.

Yeah not a fan of the GNOME desktop and it's lack of configurability either. So far KDE plasma is nicer for me to use

CentOS is no longer an option after it got repositioned. Rocky or Alma are good alternatives there, and I don't care for Fedora due to where it's positioned in the development stream either.
Hmm, it's almost like I wrote that sentence myself! (y)

Back