Vandalized Christmas lights!

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Or holiday lights, if you prefer.

The other morning I went to leave for work and noticed some broken colored glass on one side of the deck. My first thought was that a bulb had blown the previous night, but when I looked closer I saw the dangling wire ends and the socket complete with bulb base laying on the deck. Ok, that was a bit puzzling. But then when I looked around I saw a strand on the other side of the deck had also been similarly severed, but this time the bulb and socket were completely missing.

So the theory is this: some critter was enamored of the colored bulb and actually tried to steal it by chewing through the wires on each side of the sockets. The socket that's completely missing is a C9 (incandescent) so I think it was taken first and the bulb didn't break when it fell a couple of feet, but when said critter (or accomplice critter) tried to steal the C7 socket from the other strand the smaller bulb broke when it fell and hit the wood, and the resulting pop scared the miscreant(s) away.

Might be time to oil, load, and sight the Crosman Pumpmaster...;)

A few years ago I bought a professional quality laser light projector. This is the kind they use at major amusement parks to put on fancy displays with the trees. Once I got it I started being concerned about thieves making off with it so I still haven't put it outside except for when I was physically sitting there. (It makes a really nice display for an overnight cook.) It never occurred to me I might have to worry about four-legged critters too.

Or holiday lights, if you prefer.

The other morning I went to leave for work and noticed some broken colored glass on one side of the deck. My first thought was that a bulb had blown the previous night, but when I looked closer I saw the dangling wire ends and the socket complete with bulb base laying on the deck. Ok, that was a bit puzzling. But then when I looked around I saw a strand on the other side of the deck had also been similarly severed, but this time the bulb and socket were completely missing.

So the theory is this: some critter was enamored of the colored bulb and actually tried to steal it by chewing through the wires on each side of the sockets. The socket that's completely missing is a C9 (incandescent) so I think it was taken first and the bulb didn't break when it fell a couple of feet, but when said critter (or accomplice critter) tried to steal the C7 socket from the other strand the smaller bulb broke when it fell and hit the wood, and the resulting pop scared the miscreant(s) away.

Might be time to oil, load, and sight the Crosman Pumpmaster...;)
In the true spirit of Christmas, please leave the AK47 locked up!

Too bad the lights weren't on when it decided to chew threw the string
Years ago my dad ran a switched extension cord to one of his bird feeders to deal with squirrels. A number of them set Rodent Olympics long jump records.;)

There's just something about Mother Nature and Christmas lights/decorations. 🙄😁
My reindeer's head is currently laying on the ground, thanks to high winds.

If this were 2006 and we were neighbors hearing you tell this story Shelley and I would have looked at one another and silently yelled "Luke!". That year, he was a pup during Christmas time. He chewed the outdoor snowman electrical cord in half (during a 2 minute potty break), ripped-open and chewed presents, and ate Christmas tree bulbs. Of course, he transitioned to other items after the Christmas season. He was the most challenging pup we've ever had thus far and lived a very strong-willed life.

Can someone silently yell other than in a dream?

Good luck getting your decorations back in order!

Back