Using NG burners for LP grill

Majed Alessa

Hello,

I hope everyone is well and safe,

I have Weber LP spirit E 320 grill, few days ago I received new burner set (part #68951) which they are made for NG grills. Unfortunately, I can't return them as they were shipped overseas so I was wondering if I can just use them. Visually they look identical to the ones already installed.

Your help is appreciated.

This is the first Weber grill I have ever seen that had burners specific for NG vs LP. That being said, I would put them on and use them. I am guessing you will see little to no difference in performance.
  • Genuine Weber part 68951 Spirit 315 NG Burner tube kit
  • For Natural Gas Spirit 315 model years 2013 and newer (with "Up Front" controls).
  • Includes (3) main burners, crossover tube, instructions.
  • Left and right burners are 18"; center burner is 17-3/4". Crossover is 15-1/4".
  • This set is replacing part 69787 which fit LP and NG grills. The 68951 set has been modified to burn specifically Natural Gas more efficiently for better grill performance.

Burners don't care what gas you give them. There is no difference. All the "magic" happens in the manifold and metering orifices. Once the fuel leaves the metering orifices it's all the same

Back