Using My Ranch Grill Again

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
Have had my Ranch grill for 5 or 6 years and would usually use for cooking for groups. Well lately using a couple of times a week just for my wife and I. It's like being able to cook on a stove. Using fish and vegetable pans its great having all of the room. I'm just using one chimney of lit lump. Plenty of heat for direct and indirect cooking. Can fire her up 4 or 5 times before cleaning out the ash.

Dan

Funny you mention this Dan, I dreamed that I was cooking on my Rancher last night.

It's been too long since I've used it, thanks for the reminder of how nice all that area is on one!

I do too, Bill.

I could really use all that space in about 3 weeks because I am cooking for a School's Out party for my church, feeding about 50-60 youth & adults. I am Working out the logistics now between an 18.5" WSM & a 22" OTG and a couple of small gas burners. Should be interesting.

i'm gettin' the urge!
might hafta lose some smaller kettles butt what the hay!?
I certainly can see grillin' on one of those beauts!

I'd love a Ranch, but I would need to build an addition for my deck! Please post some pictures of meals on the Ranch over in the Photo Gallery so the rest of us can dream.

Sounds nice, Dan. I can totally understand liking that extra room. I have a Weber veggie basket and grill pan and don't use them nearly as often as I'd like just because not enough room for everything.

It's really cool that you can fire up the rancher with one chimney of lump, too. I always wondered how much 'coal it would take to fuel one.

Back