Turkey Day (short on pics)

Jose Suro

TVWBB All-Star
Hi All,

I haven't been around here for three weeks and it feels like an eternity! I have a lot of catching up to do :(.

I did have a great time, mostly. Went to the NASCAR championship, then got a stomach virus, then off to a long photo thing, then my wife got the Flu (a bad one) then Thanksgiving with her family and my daughters, my wife missed her first Thanksgiving ever, then back on another photo thing and I'm finally back!!!

I was so busy I only made three pictures on Turkey Day. I smoked a fresh 15-pounder on the 22.5 WSM, our best turkey ever! It was the first one gone off the table, and we had three turkeys on there. Needless to say, there were no leftovers :(. A long story on the the cook and I will post that later if anyone is interested. The gravy made from the drippings pan was the best ever as well.

The pics:

The bird after an hour in the smoker:
i-NRrtdgJ-XL.jpg

While the bird was smoking I prepared a big aluminum pan full of our signature yellow rice with turkey sausage and Puerto Rican Longaniza:
i-xhLNQVg-XL.jpg

The Turkey is done. I basted it with a pure Maple syrup and Dijon glaze during the last 10-degrees of the cook:
i-m8ZwVtZ-XL.jpg

Great to be back!!

All the best,

Jose

Glad that you are back too. Three weeks does seem like a eternity for sure. Turkey looks spot on.

I keep see-sawing if I should post my (crappy) post Thanksgiving day pics, an' you sealed the deal: nope.
Great lookin' turk, Jose!

Back