Troubles with Brand New Summit Charcoal

BKHahn

So - thought I'd post here in case Weber is paying attention. I ordered a brand new Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center and was super excited for it to arrive prior to Memorial Day. Noticed the bottom of the kettle had an uneven finish, but the porcelain was solid so no biggie. Then during the install I had an issue while attaching the lid and one of the bolts on the lid snapped off so I couldn't finish the install. Opened a case online - didn't get anyone to contact me for a few days so I decided to call up Weber. They immediately sent out a replacement lid and got it installed and figured I was off to the races. WRONG. I finally removed the protective wrap from the stainless steel table and the cuts to the protective wrap went into to steel of the table and there's big scratches everywhere. Plus the kettle finish issue means that the ash sweeper makes a horrible grating noise everytime I move it. Called back into Weber - waited 90 minutes to get someone. Joe finally answered, couldn't care less on my issue, and kept trying to get my off the line before even looking at the photos/video I had already taken. Here I am nearly 20 minutes later, and I still don't have an email from him to give my photos to.

In case you're wondering about the damage: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nDTqRaiXCzqe5z4p6

I wanted to give Weber a chance to fix their issues before going public - but this seems ridiculous! Anyone else see a decline in Weber Customer Service? I can understand a longer wait due to COVID. Really want to love the grill, but theses issues certainly are souring the ownership experience.

Those photos are terrible! If I were in your shoes, I would return it. Hopefully you purchased it from someplace with a good return policy.

That is bad. Before you call, email them the pictures. You can simply reply to the other email where you sent in the other pictures or just send a new email. It will give you a reference number. When you call in, give the rep that number and they can pull up the pictures instantly while you’re on the phone.

That seems like a lemon though, id return and start with a new one

Back