Trouble Inserting Keystone Jack Into Adapt-a-damper

Mache

TVWBB Fan
I purchased an Adapt-a-damper kit from heatermeter.com and am having trouble inserting the keystone jack into its designated slot. I understand how the jack is supposed to click in but there does not seem to be enough headroom for the two tabs to engage with the Adapt-a-damper body. Should I file/dremel away excess material and keep trying? Is there a youtube video? Any other suggestions?

I have designed a new one where it is easier to insert. If you want to use the one you have, then take a sharp knife and put a 45 degree on the the inside of the outer lip of the flexible side (Left side of the section below). This will allow the jack to rotate in. The stationary key of the Jack goes on the right side. Not sure if I updated this in the Thingiverse files, but I'll check.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like I updated the Thingiverse file.

New_Box.PNG

Last edited:
Filed down the lip on the left side of the above drawing and the jack slipped right in. Thank you.

Mine actually ended out a bit loose - would insert fine, but pop out when the cable went in. Thought about downloading and printing the new one-piece version based on the aluminium version, but can't get the screw-in l-com keystones easily/cheaply here in NZ. Solution? A trimmed piece of wood now wedges the ketone in place :)

Back