Tri Tip on weber Q

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have seen and done it different ways depending on how you want to do it.
Sear or reverse sear you will need a way to set up for indirect cook. On the Q that means elevating it on a rack with either aluminum foil with perforations here in the US or the nice Weber one they sell in Australia. I would check YouTube. That is how I learned to cook on the Q. Here is a BabyBack Maniac cooking a Tri Tip on a Q video.

George Langley

I have seen and done it different ways depending on how you want to do it.
Sear or reverse sear you will need a way to set up for indirect cook. On the Q that means elevating it on a rack with either aluminum foil with perforations here in the US or the nice Weber one they sell in Australia. I would check YouTube. That is how I learned to cook on the Q. Here is a BabyBack Maniac cooking a Tri Tip on a Q video.
Joe,Thanks for the video, I will try it out. Probably next week or the week after. I will post the results.

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Emerald Member
You find one used really cheap, clean it up so it looks pretty, use the excuse that it will save so much $$ in LP and time for small cooks that it pays for it self in a few cooks, and you can always sell it at a profit;-) That is the way that works for me.

George Langley

Thanks Rich, sorry it took so long to reply, Been in the mtns. and no internet. That is almost exactly how I did it. It came out fine. I only use the Q when camping so I'm not as familiar with it as I am my other smokers and BBQs.