Transporting my Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Trammell

TVWBB Fan
Next weekend I am going on a short (150 mile) trip to the woods with some of my college classmates (there will be food, beer, and guns involved). I have a 1995 Maxima. They have been hounding me to bring my Bullet and fire up some pork butt and ribs, which I am glad to do, but I have to get it down there in the car without damaging it. Any ideas on how I could make this work? My thoughts are to put the top, bottom, grates, pan and ring in the trunk (upside down) and put the midsection in the passenger seat next to me. Would that work? I also have to drop my one year old off at his grandparents, but he can ride in the back.

I like your priorities, kid in the back seat WSM upfront! LOL
We have logged 10,000 miles in one month carring WSM across the country, and thousands more going to events just in the Pacific NW. They travel well.
Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pat Trammell:
[qb]My thoughts are to put the top, bottom, grates, pan and ring in the trunk (upside down) and put the midsection in the passenger seat next to me. Would that work?[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've done exactly that. I put the middle section in a large garbage bag and place it on a towel in the back seat, just in case the bag tears. Wouldn't want gunk getting on my leather seats!

Regards,
Chris

Hi Pat!

I have travelled with the ole WSM all over the midwest. For Packer games, I bring it with me in the Caddy!

In the bottom section, I store my charcoal chimney, all the grates and my smoking wood(inside the chimney). Inside the middle section, I store the charcoal bag and then put the lid on. Of course, all of this is placed on a blanket so as not to dirty the leather seats. I reserve the trunk for coolers and luggage.

I've taken my WSM on several trips from Milwaukee to Washington DC to see family and to Cleveland. I just take 3 long bungie cords and hook to the legs and run through the top and back dwon to anohter leg. Repeat twice and put it in the trunk of my 1995 Toyota Avalon.

Theres even room for the charcoal and cooler int the trunk still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back