Touch Up paint

Ralph Yost

Anyone know where to buy touch-up paints for the Weber Kettle colors new and hopefully old? For example I have a “N” (1991) red that need s couple dime size wear marks?WK91.jpg

Almost impossible to match it exactly. The die hard kettle heads say to just keep the rust spots oiled up.

If it were mine, I'd just try out a nice red high heat paint. Last can of VHT high temp paint I bought in red turned out more red-orange so I'd avoid that brand

Won't be perfect, but you'll probably be the only one that notices

If you try high heat touch up paint it may be difficult to find a match and if you do try it be warned that it well most likely burn as time goes on. Especially when it looks like the marks are on the bowl. If you use any kind of paint most certainly make sure it is on the exterior and not the interior where you cook food.

Ralph,
A suggestion not paint related. Replace those 4 bolts that mount the kettle to the frame with some nice stainless steel ones from Home Depot or your local hardware store. They are 1/4-20 thread and not expensive at all. Washers and nuts to match. I'm sure you will enjoy that $4-5 investment rather than looking at those rusty bolts on there now.

Another minor observation and suggestion...the gray rollers on the lid bayle should be turned around so the flanged end is away from the bowl. Will make it roll easier and not marki up the lid edge.

Thanks I will flip those around. The three little spots are where the lid bail is and honestly is just from years of use. The good thing is they are not chipping.

Another minor observation and suggestion...the gray rollers on the lid bayle should be turned around so the flanged end is away from the bowl. Will make it roll easier and not marki up the lid edge.

Ralph,
A suggestion not paint related. Replace those 4 bolts that mount the kettle to the frame with some nice stainless steel ones from Home Depot or your local hardware store. They are 1/4-20 thread and not expensive at all. Washers and nuts to match. I'm sure you will enjoy that $4-5 investment rather than looking at those rusty bolts on there now.
That is a great idea. Thanks

That is a great idea. Thanks

No problem. And if you are looking to splurge a little cash and really spruce up your Performer:

Nice Weber wooden handle:

Wooden Lid Bale Rollers (The reg kettle you have pictured is the 2 inch):

Wooden Door Handle for the charcoal storage door:

Wooden vent tab:

My wife recently order those items I listed, but just beware that they are kind of backed up so shipping is quite slow. I will post picture of mine once I get them and have them on the grill.

Back