This $20,000 propane grill blew my mind

Scott Smith

TVWBB Pro
Fire Magic Echelon Diamond

Perhaps I am naive, but $20,000 for a propane grill blew my mind. Like, you will still run out of gas. I could buy a really nice Weber grill every month for their pay by month price. And you have to wait for them to build it. And tax. And delivery. And it clearly is a home unit - not intended for commercial use. And you need to plug it in. And you have to worry about parts availability if you want to keep it 20 years to get the cost done to a mere $1000 per year. Heck, you could buy a nice Weber grill for the amount they are discounting it right now.

Edit - I see on lower on the page that it says free delivery.

They should just send out flyers to the Zuckerbergs, and Musks of the world and skip the other advertising.
This is what we get with the "Inflation Reduction Act".

How ridiculous!
”covers repairs up to $95”!
I’ll pass.
I was going to mention Kalamazoo grills (I live In the ‘Zoo) but, I didn’t need to, they are stupid expensive too!

The company I work for is a Fire Magic dealer and they are an amazing grill in person. I‘ve got a soft spot for a particular model that retails at just under $8k and keep holding out hopes of grabbing a display unit someday at a deep discount. If one ever comes available at anything close to half money, I’d pull the trigger.

Fire Magic is the BBQ products division of RH Peterson Co.
They also manufacture Real-Fyre gas logs. I have a set.
I don't know about their $20K grills but I know they are a top notch company.

I just seriously don't understand how somebody with 10's of k's for a ten-foot-long 800 lb grill buys propane. He most likely would have NG to his house to power his overpriced range (not naming names).

Using all those BTU's would mean Joe Richguy would be constantly running to the gas station to put more 20lb tanks in his Ferrari, and he would still be changing tanks in the middle of his fancy parties.

He even has to run electric out to the grill, so why not gas?

I just seriously don't understand how somebody with 10's of k's for a ten-foot-long 800 lb grill buys propane. He most likely would have NG to his house to power his overpriced range (not naming names).

Using all those BTU's would mean Joe Richguy would be constantly running to the gas station to put more 20lb tanks in his Ferrari, and he would still be changing tanks in the middle of his fancy parties.

Completely agree run NG or get the propane company to leave a truck! Does this grill allow you to put a cryovac pack of pork in one end and remove perfectly cooked product out the other end and wash the dishes as well? Silly sez I!!

So I thought perhaps the grill is intended to install on your own private island with no natural gas available and it is intended to be piped to a bulk propane tank, but it says right in the description that it includes a spot for the propane cylinder.

Very true. Could be because the guy has such a grill at his mountain or island home, where NG simply isn't available and has one of those giant propane tanks feeding the thing.
My daughter lives about 100 yards outside of Philadelphia and has propane for their kitchen because Peco hasn't run gas lines on their street.

Even so, if I had the spare cash and the gas and everything else figured out, I wouldn't want to spend my party time on my island dealing with flare ups from 40 hamburgers like it mentions in the description. I really suspect that the whole damn thing is almost totally for show, simply to reflect wealth and match the scale of everything else in the yard.

Even so, if I had the spare cash and the gas and everything else figured out, I wouldn't want to spend my party time on my island dealing with flare ups from 40 hamburgers like it mentions in the description. I really suspect that the whole damn thing is almost totally for show, simply to reflect wealth and match the scale of everything else in the yard.
Exactly. Someone that buys a $14 million beachfront summer home that they use 2-3 months out of the year thinks nothing of such an expenditure.

Back